  • Re: Civilization 5

    I'm going to have to beat civ 2 on deity. It's something I promised myself I'd do back in 1997. After that, AC, then the newer civs, all on the hardest difficulty. Fun games.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Thu, Apr 21 2011
  • Re: Jeffrey Tucker on Demonstrated Preference

    [quote]Or why on earth does this have 70,000 views??[/quote] Thank you.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Wed, Apr 20 2011
  • Re: A fishy situation for left anarchists?

    [quote]I think the calculation problem is one of the more complex ones to discuss. Why deal with complex problems first if there are more obvious, fundamental and easier to nail down problems to discuss?[/quote] I think that in this simple situation, the response is what would happen. Sure, the guy isn't an angel, but he'd probably be better
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Wed, Apr 20 2011
  • Re: Would Donald Trump Make a Good President?

    [quote]Seriously, he's a marketer and a self promoter. He's using this presidential stuff to increase his brand and profile.[/quote] I hope that's the extent of it. Otherwise, I'm convinced he got his democrat friends to get him to try to run for the nomination to make the republicans look bad.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Wed, Apr 20 2011
  • Re: A fishy situation for left anarchists?

    [quote]What about the "Calculation Problem"? There is no mechanism of collective decision making that can accurately set prices.[/quote] And no prices means there is no way to calculate profitable means of creating or providing something. Any process would be arbitrary and might cause capital consumption.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Tue, Apr 19 2011
  • Re: Animal Liberation

    [quote] @Giant_Joe [quote]Putting it like this makes it clear that innate rights for animals is also another argument from divinity or myth.[/quote] And the same is obviously true when it comes to innate rights for humans.[/quote] I agree.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Tue, Apr 19 2011
  • Re: Silver is Over $40 an Ounce! - 4/18/11

    [quote][quote user="Daniel Muffinburg"]Because it's gone up a lot and market sentiment.[/quote] Why has the expectation of a correction not affected its current price?[/quote] It's an art. :p
    Posted to General (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Tue, Apr 19 2011
  • Re: Canada Introduces Plastic Money!

    It won't catch on for cokeheads... Just sayin.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Tue, Apr 19 2011
  • Re: Animal Liberation

    [quote]Attributing human subjective value toward non-humans is pointless and emotional. Humans don't treat animals humanely because of the belief that animals are equal to humans, they do so because of the moral values shared among humans who feel that animals deserve to be treated humanely. Declaring rights based on pain, sentience, reflex, etc
    Posted to General (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Tue, Apr 19 2011
  • Re: Off Topic: Reading While Dreaming

    I saw that episode about 12 years ago and I've been trying to read in my dreams since. I have the same experience as AJ on this one.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Mon, Apr 18 2011
Page 3 of 113 (1121 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options