  • Re: What is a capital good?

    To all: Great posts. :) Autolykos: [quote]Greg, you captured the essence of what I was trying to say better than I did. :) You're correct - goods are always used as means. It's just a question of whether they're used directly for ultimate ends (consumption goods) or indirectly (capital goods).[/quote] I eat the apple to have energy to be
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Fri, Apr 1 2011
  • Re: What are you reading?

    [quote]I'm reading the Mises Discussion Forum at the moment.[/quote] I'm reading this, and my girlfriend's expressions. : / I miss book learnings. The only thing I'm reading into/learning for fun or even a little more seriously is ABM and econ. I'm just getting to know a few different software platforms for ABM. It's fun. :)
    Posted to General (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Fri, Apr 1 2011
  • Re: What is a capital good?

    I've been pondering this for some time as well. I was in the very first mises academy class, and I remember there being a lesson where Dr. Murphy talked about an apple being both capital, or a consumer good. You can throw an apple at something to knock an object out of a tree or off a ledge. You can also use it to nourish yourself. Either way, you
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Wed, Mar 30 2011
  • Re: Which scientists to trust regarding global warming

    The pro-CAWG want to control me and others around me. The anti-CAWG, not so much. It's not a hard decision for me as to who I can trust, based on that alone.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Wed, Mar 30 2011
  • Re: Dow Jones graph in terms of gold

    Why does it have to get to 1:1?
    Posted to General (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Mon, Mar 28 2011
  • Re: "You've never been poor, so you have no right to tell us if we're right or wrong."

    [quote]Politics is a zero sum game.[/quote] Sorry to nitpick, LS, but I think it's actually a negative sum game. Time, administration costs, transaction costs, etc... ;)
    Posted to General (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Sun, Mar 27 2011
  • Re: Contract Theory and Criminal Negligence

    [quote]Yes but that doesn't mean that an exchange is always 100% of the time mutually beneficial, though, right?[/quote] Voluntary exchanges are. The valuation at the time of exchange is now gone. It is a part of history. If someone regrets the exchange they made, they have made a mistake. We can't see into the future all too well, so we always
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Sat, Mar 26 2011
  • Re: Growth through exports, a quiz.

    If we print even more money, G can go up, and I bet you C will also go up. Basically, GDP is a measurement of the economic activity in a region. It obfuscates the relationship between investment and consumption. This says that if C goes up fivefold and I decreases by 95%, and C + I increases as a result, we have economic growth. The problem is that
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Fri, Mar 25 2011
  • Re: How bloody do you guys think things will get?

    [quote]Considering the worrisome economic situation, conflict in the Middle East, and Japan´s situation do the people of this board see the seeds being planted for a bloody conflict in the next generation or so? I´m not talking about local conflicts like Af-Pak or Iraq, but more widespread and bloodier. Also talking about currently stable
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Fri, Mar 25 2011
  • Re: Agent-Based Modelling in Economics

    [quote]In fact, contradicting the Austrian wannabe-experts here, the latest issue of the Review of Austrian Economics has the article “ Examining Social Processes with Agent-Based Models .” I’m sure you’ll find it helpful.[/quote] Hvala lepo. ;)
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Mon, Mar 21 2011
Page 5 of 113 (1121 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options