  • Re: Web Politics: After .Com, the Fight Over .Gay, .Nazi?

    [quote]Is there a way around this? Anyone know?[/quote] Moving away from a centralized DNS system to a decentralized one. DNS turns the names into IP addresses. If you type http://174.132.65.90/ into your browser, it'll take you to mises.org! Remembering IPs is a pain in the butt. This is why people use domain names. With no central authority on
    Posted to General (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Tue, Mar 8 2011
  • Re: I'm an aesthetic fundamentalist - and why you should care

    Just wanted to say... Thank you Clayton for starting an excellent thread.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Sun, Mar 6 2011
  • Re: Does marxism follow the aproach of Social Science or Natural Science?

    They use the dialectic. Dialectics is unreason. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectic and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectical_materialism Edit: to be more clear, hegelian dialectics and dialectical materialism are nonsense. Dialactics in the broadest sense isn't unreason.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Wed, Mar 2 2011
  • Re: Electric Cars Generate As Much Emissions As Gasoline Cars

    [quote]It's a play on your emotions (many people are concerned about the "enviornment" these days) in order to get you to buy a more expensive vehicle in hopes that you won't notice that a reduction of pollution on the front end doesn't necessarily equal less net polution. I wonder how many people truly realize this.[/quote] Aha
    Posted to General (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Wed, Mar 2 2011
  • Re: Canadians Feel Poor Responsible

    [quote]Let me see, this means that between 38 and 49 per cent of Canadians think that people who do not want to work deserve a helping hand.[/quote] To speak in broader tems, this survey shows that between 38 to 49 per cent of Canadians have major cognitive dissonance issues. Canada is a strange place. I wonder how different those numbers will be two
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Wed, Mar 2 2011
  • Re: Theocrat Gary North: No ally of mine.

    I pretty much agree with what you've said, Ricky. I'm just confused by militant anti-theism by some libertarians. Isn't it a bit un-libertarian to be against something that's largely a cultural thing/coping mechanism that people could choose to not be a part of? I just don't see where the NAP or contracts are violated because some
    Posted to General (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Mon, Feb 28 2011
  • Re: Theocrat Gary North: No ally of mine.

    [quote] Wrong is that set of actions which are discretely anti-society. We have a society (division of production and property rights) because it benefits us.[/quote] So what if it's wrong? I'll do it and get away with it. In this framework, I really don't see why I should serve society if I can be better off by not serving it. What's
    Posted to General (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Mon, Feb 28 2011
  • Re: Theocrat Gary North: No ally of mine.

    Nielsio, If there are people who need religion as a coping mechanism to have a "near perfectly rational" mind, would you have these people destroyed in order to eliminate religion? I went through an athiest phase and almost went insane when I realized that in that context right and wrong was just a matter of opinion. I don't understand
    Posted to General (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Mon, Feb 28 2011
  • Re: The Federal Reserve vs... The Federal Reserve

    If we have inflation of 10% for the next 10 years, $99 trillion ten years from now will be $38 trillion in today's dollars. The budget will be about 3 times bigger, so around $6 trillion... so unfunded liabilities don't look so bad when you inflate them away. :)
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Mon, Feb 28 2011
  • Re: Self-ownership problems

    [quote]Waits on austro libertarians/Ancap s to realize the implications 'self ownership' or individual sovereignty ,has on wage labour,labour contracts and the like[/quote] Care to enlighten us?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Giant_Joe on Mon, Feb 28 2011
Page 7 of 113 (1121 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options