  • Re: On debunking "The Paradox of Thrift"

    Hayek did it in P&P.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Beefheart on Wed, Apr 20 2011
  • Laffer Curve/Supply Side

    I just sent this to my teacher regarding my skepticism of the Laffer Curve and supply-side (which he is also skeptical of, though he is not an Austrian so it may be different reasons, especially since my chief complaint is that it assumes that we should see increased government revenue as positive, which I focused on a little less here because a) he
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Beefheart on Thu, Mar 10 2011
  • Federal Workers Wages Really Higher?

    I am repeatedly told that the compensation gap between federal and private workers has doubled in the past decade. Federal civil servants earned average pay and benefits of $123,049 in 2009 while private workers made $61,051 in total compensation, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis. On top of that, federal compensation advantage has grown
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Beefheart on Wed, Mar 9 2011
  • Re: "Vulgar Economists"

    The "vulgar" coinage doesn't seem so much related to subscribing to the STV as it does go to address libertarians who defend state-built institutions or individuals with a market veil, or a function that could feasibly exist on the market, but is molested by state intervention. Perhaps many left-libs hurl the "vulgar" slur against
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Beefheart on Fri, Mar 4 2011
  • Re: My first Mises Store purchase -- booklist

    Don't buy the Human Action study guide-- its readily available online. Sure, most of these are, but I would rather get study guide help online than pay for a physical copy. Human Action, though, is worth every penny-- it is just about perfect. You can go ahead and drop Economics in One Lesson if you're going to get a hold of MES, that will do
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Beefheart on Fri, Feb 11 2011
  • Re: Lighten Up Guys

    Yeah, who does he think he is? Tyrannical monster! OI OI OI.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Beefheart on Fri, Feb 11 2011
  • Re: The Talking Heads

    Love this band-- especially Remain in Light , which gets a little slow in the end, but the first four songs are some of the best in the genre. Post-Punk in general is a fairly rich genre-- The Fall, The Birthday Party, Spacemen 3, Bauhaus, The Church, -- as well as lot of great offshoots like dream pop/shoegazing (Cocteau Twins, My Bloody Valentine
    Posted to General (Forum) by Beefheart on Fri, Feb 11 2011
  • Re: What are you reading?

    Much of the material collected here precedes Israel's recent military attack on a Gaza-bound international flotilla of embargo-breaking humanitarian aid, so it isn't entirely up-to-date, but it is still very good. I don't know how it is for someone who finds it a favorite subject, but it offers a lot of context and fairly recent events.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Beefheart on Sun, Jan 16 2011
  • Re: What are you reading?

    I've only just begun it, but I like it quite a bit thus far. If you don't have a lot of background information on the topic, you might be subject to getting lost-- but the authors do provide some for the uninitiated.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Beefheart on Sat, Jan 15 2011
  • Re: Ralph Raico old piece critical of Erik Von Knuehnelt leddihn.

    I've read this before in The Libertarian Forum-- when did Raico change his mind, exactly? I know-- from listening to the end of his The Struggle for Liberty-- he has taken a liking to Hoppe, but I recall nothing that makes him the sort of monarchist K-L was, explicitly.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Beefheart on Sat, Jan 15 2011
Page 1 of 17 (165 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options