  • Re: What are you reading?

    Gaza in Crisis: Reflections on Israel's War Against the Palestinians by Noam Chomsky and Ilan Pappe After that, I'm reading Washington Rules by Andrew Bacevich.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Beefheart on Sat, Jan 15 2011
  • Re: Boycott In The Name of WikiLeaks?

    The "why don't you boycott everything" excuse is fallacious and improper use of the reductio ad absurdum, if you ask me. It ignores the strategic significance of the boycott practice-- and I'm personally against boycotting Amazon here. My thoughts expounded here: http://abolitionofpolitics.blogspot.com/2010/12/not-sold-on-campaign
    Posted to General (Forum) by Beefheart on Thu, Dec 9 2010
  • Re: Rothbardian Constitution

    "What has Anarchism to say to all this, this bankruptcy of republicanism, this modern empire that has grown up on the ruins of our early freedom? We say this, that the sin our fathers sinned was that they did not trust liberty wholly. They thought it possible to compromise between liberty and government, believing the latter to be "a necessary
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Beefheart on Sun, Oct 31 2010
  • Re: Who was the least bad post-FDR President?

    Yeah, maybe JFK. He did pull the plug on Operation Northwoods. They are all pretty much disgusting, thought.
    Posted to History (Forum) by Beefheart on Wed, Oct 27 2010
  • Re: Mises Birthday Sale.

    I got Human Action, MES, The Enterprise of Law, and the Libertarian Forum. Should be great.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Beefheart on Fri, Oct 1 2010
  • Re: In need of one-liner comebacks

    [quote]"I'll take socialized medicine anyday over America's broken system"[/quote] I'll get back to you with an answer later, I have a 5-month waiting list for retorts.
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Beefheart on Fri, Sep 17 2010
  • Re: Do you respect John Maynard Keynes?

    I do not. I respect people who I believe are sincere and thoughtful about their sciences, and Keynes wasn't one of them. There are plenty of respectable Keynesians, but I have to agree with Beatrice Webb: "Keynes is not serious about economic problems; he plays a game of chess with it [sic] in his leisure hours. The only serious cult with him
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Beefheart on Thu, Sep 9 2010
  • German official unemployment rate stable at 7.6%

    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hpC20s4vZTTZQwJRzslwIdKy6Uug Whats the economic condition of Germany these days, why does it seem more stable than other nations in the EU? It says the economy is on the rebound, but is that true, and why? It seems to suggest it is because of subsidizing shorter working hours... but how in the world
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Beefheart on Wed, Sep 1 2010
  • Re: Hardcore kritiks of democracy

    Erik Ritter von Kuehnelt-Leddihn.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Beefheart on Fri, Aug 27 2010
  • Re: What is a right?

    Rights appear to the rules of conduct and social action between individuals-- the formation of these rights depending on how power and knowledge is organized within the general territory/language center.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Beefheart on Fri, Aug 27 2010
Page 2 of 17 (165 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options