  • Re: Puerto Rico - The 51st State

    I for one hope they don't apply for statehood. They already receive the benefit of trading with the other states with relatively few restrictions, but are exempt from most federal taxes. What do they win from joining as a state? The right to send a few more leeches to congress?
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Michelangelo on Mon, Nov 12 2012
  • Re: Why did the U.S. Republic last so long?

    @Vive When would you personally split up the American republics? How I see it would go something along the lines of: The First Republic The Second Republic (Begins with the Civil War) The Third Republic (WW2 & the New Deal)
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Michelangelo on Mon, Nov 12 2012
  • Re: Veterans Day Survival Tips

    And the facebook statuses are starting up.. I think the worst thus far are those from libertarians. "Even if you don't agree with the wars we should thank the troops." I mean, should we thank politicians who genuinely believe they are doing good by increasing regulations?
    Posted to General (Forum) by Michelangelo on Sun, Nov 11 2012
  • Veterans Day Survival Tips

    Veterans day is around the corner and we can be sure to hear about how they fought for our freedoms and general pro-state propaganda. Are there any tips anyone has on how to survive it? Besides shutting yourself in a closet that is.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Michelangelo on Fri, Nov 9 2012
  • Re: What do you do during the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Anyone else get irked by people who refuse to do the salute, but are hardcore statists? I noticed once that several friends hadn't stood up for the pledge. They are progressive democrats so I knew they weren't doing it out of a sudden conversion to anarchism. When I confronted them about it they said it was because it felt liks a religious ceremony
    Posted to General (Forum) by Michelangelo on Wed, Nov 7 2012
  • Re: Mises Community Blog Project

    I'm willing to take the pledge. I prefer to lurk on the forums usually since I don't feel I can contribute much more to what has been said, but this seems like a fun project.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Michelangelo on Sun, Nov 4 2012
  • Re: The Austrian position on Isoquant-isocost diagrams

    I was taught not to put too much emphasize on the numbers per se, but to use iso curves to help when thinking about a problem. I know there some Professors who want you to be able to derive the different numbers in the model, but I don't place much importance on that. In real life you'd never know the values of labor or capital beyond a general
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Michelangelo on Sun, Nov 4 2012
  • Re: Econometrics paper, topic suggestions?

    Oh! I'm working on my own econometrics paper. Do you need to do a multiple regression or a simple regression for your paper? I'm working on using budget information from my student government. My goal is to prove that there is rent seeking involved in how my student government gives out money. It's pretty fun running the numbers to be honest
    Posted to General (Forum) by Michelangelo on Sun, Nov 4 2012
  • Re: An-Cap Resource

    I've read the Voluntary City. It's dull to be honest, and has no new ideas that you don't find anywhere else. It's worth a read if its in front of you and you have nothing else to do, otherwise move on to something else.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Michelangelo on Sun, Oct 21 2012
  • Re: Up with Mises Forums!

    I will match your ten dollar donation minimum. I also offer a photograph of Jeff Tucker using shaving cream.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Michelangelo on Sun, Oct 21 2012
Page 5 of 40 (391 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options