  • Re: What does economics have to do with ethics?

    With all this talk of Rothbard I would just like to comment upon how fortunate it is that Rothbard's non-consequentialist based objective ethics happened to fit perfectly with his economic theories... It's just so fortunate that he didn't have to sacrifice one in favor the other :)
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by The Late Andrew Ryan on Sun, Jul 18 2010
  • Re: Tribute video

    Lol I like the little play on words with the Hayek thing ;) took me a quarter of an hour to make sure it wasn't like F.A. Hayek's long lost incredibly hot daughter
    Posted to General (Forum) by The Late Andrew Ryan on Sat, Jul 17 2010
  • Re: Preference: A Question

    Both mean exactly the same thing and are both probably true. The only way that they could not be true is if you don't think of the loss of something. So for instance if you have both fruits in front of you and you pick up the orange because you want it more, but you don't consider at that point in time that this means the loss of an apple, then
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by The Late Andrew Ryan on Sat, Jul 17 2010
  • Re: Tribute video

    Lol I watched it again, holy crap I cracked up when I read Mises' weakness What the heck is with 0:52 and at 3:55 is that Menger? And who is at 4:02?
    Posted to General (Forum) by The Late Andrew Ryan on Sat, Jul 17 2010
  • Re: Human action help with Grayson Lilburne

    "Restricting demand is not about holding out for a lower price. It is buying less." Isn't this not necessarily true? If demand decreases then this implies that consumers will not purchase at the previous price, this does not imply that they will not buy previous number of goods at the newly desired, lower, price. Therefore whether a decrease
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by The Late Andrew Ryan on Sat, Jul 17 2010
  • Re: Tribute video

    Epic win. The playing cards at the beginning were frankly incredible.
    Posted to General (Forum) by The Late Andrew Ryan on Sat, Jul 17 2010
  • Re: Stop using the word "libertarian"!

    The point of language is to communicate, not to hold to principles beyond any rational point. Besides all liberal means (when taken as the word itself rather than how it stands in dealing with modern political parties) is in favor of "new" things, this association probably came about in relation to the left/right political scale. In this way
    Posted to General (Forum) by The Late Andrew Ryan on Sat, Jul 17 2010
  • Re: Human action help with Grayson Lilburne

    What exactly does mises mean in the section on monopoly prices when he is talking about labor unions? He states that the labor unions end up restricting supply but that this does not lead to a monopoly rate, how is this possible? Surely a limiting of available supply leads to a monopoly wage rate? The only reasoning to his meaning is the idea that the
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by The Late Andrew Ryan on Fri, Jul 16 2010
  • Re: Has anyone here read Wages of Destruction by Adam Tooze?

    I don't want to read the book at the moment (I have bunch of other stuff I'm reading) but would you mind giving a short synopsis of what you learned from the book? I've never understood exactly how the Nazi's worked besides Keynsianism 101, I assume the whole thing was a war bubble economy that was in no way sustainable
    Posted to General (Forum) by The Late Andrew Ryan on Thu, Jul 15 2010
  • Re: Capitalism and college

    Hot Damn! :D Thank you so much I've never read this and I've wanted to for so long. But just so you know the link you're looking for is this: http://www.4shared.com/document/2tdDX1qy/HOPPE_Hans-Hermann_Democracy_-.htm The one you have up right now is a review.
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by The Late Andrew Ryan on Thu, Jul 15 2010
Page 4 of 78 (780 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options