  • Re: Can anyone explain to me what is wrong with this ad?

    [quote user="Clayton"] They play it twice! "It can't be a real ad." [/quote] I, in turn, was disgusted by all of them faking disgust for full 10 mins without actually addresing the content of the ad. Is this how TV looks like today? (I don't watch any.)
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by z1235 on Sun, Jan 20 2013
  • Re: Unintended Consequences: A Brain Teaser thread?

    hashem, I was talking about your position in this thread, for instance. How is libertarianism "institutionalizing" violence (or anything else for that matter)? Can you give an example for something which is NOT a "concept"? Btw, perhaps the OP can chip in too but IMO you did derail this thread. Perhaps starting a new one where you
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by z1235 on Wed, Jan 16 2013
  • Re: "Robber Barons"-discussion in history class

    JJ, they are obviously not paying their "fair share" because there still exist people (poor, hungry, sick) that need moar. We need Obama to both (1) stop the rich from exploiting everyone else, and (2) to the extent that he fails at (1) (as would be evidenced by the very existence of haves and have-nots) to correct said mistake by making the
    Posted to History (Forum) by z1235 on Tue, Jan 15 2013
  • Re: Unintended Consequences: A Brain Teaser thread?

    hashem, you've made many attempts to present your position. I've read them all and I still don't know what your position is. Are you worried that the very act of presenting a position may be tantamount to "institutionalizing" a "concept" which is somehow wrong? What other than "concepts" could possibly come
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by z1235 on Tue, Jan 15 2013
  • Re: "Robber Barons"-discussion in history class

    And someone is paying this guy to "teach"?
    Posted to History (Forum) by z1235 on Tue, Jan 15 2013
  • Re: Alex Jones = Embarrassment to Liberty Movement

    And lest we forget drugs, from a link in this post by Aristophanes: [quote]T his is the [second to] last post John Noveske made on his Facebook page before he was killed: Eric Harris age 17 (first on Zoloft then Luvox) and Dylan Klebold aged 18 (Columbine school shooting in Littleton, Colorado), killed 12 students and 1 teacher, and wounded 23 others
    Posted to General (Forum) by z1235 on Tue, Jan 15 2013
  • Re: First release of Leonard Read ebooks...FINALLY

    Tex2002ans, thank you VERY much for doing this awesome work!
    Posted to General (Forum) by z1235 on Tue, Jan 15 2013
  • Re: "Robber Barons"-discussion in history class

    I think you are good to go. Few comments: On #1: The same person could be a market entrepreneur then turn into a political one as he tries to fend off competition. On #2: Ask him to provide a SINGLE example for prices skyrocketing back up after an alledged "predatory pricer" has eliminated competition. On #5: There is no "or something"
    Posted to History (Forum) by z1235 on Mon, Jan 14 2013
  • Re: *** January 2013 Low Content Thread ***

    [quote user="ThatOldGuy"] [/quote] Wow, good to know. I'll be watching out for those warning signs much more carefully now.
    Posted to General (Forum) by z1235 on Sun, Jan 13 2013
  • Re: Alex Jones = Embarrassment to Liberty Movement

    Or we could just let everyone present themselves and their cases however they want and let everyone else use their brains (or not) to pick the people and the arguments that make sense to them. Sometimes AJ makes a lot of sense to me -- sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes I like his presentation/behavior, sometimes I don't. He could be a disinfo
    Posted to General (Forum) by z1235 on Sun, Jan 13 2013
Page 3 of 236 (2352 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options