  • Re: War: anarcho-capitalist vs centrally-controlled inflationist

    [quote user="ClaytonB"] [quote user="mikachusetts"] If the question is just "how will you defend against the entire Russian army nuking your neighborhood to take the gold mine underneath your houses," then I would say that there is nothing we can really do. [/quote] I disagree with this. A natural social order is not incompatible
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by mikachusetts on Wed, Feb 3 2010
  • Re: Atheism and Ancap

    [quote user="baxter"] > If the question was "is suicide bombing and genocide as religious doctrine compatible with libertarianism?" We would all say of course not. So even though my god is omniscient and omnipotent, you're saying I shouldn't follow its instructions to murder others? "but as far as simply the existence
    Posted to General (Forum) by mikachusetts on Wed, Feb 3 2010
  • Re: Praxeological Ethics

    [quote user="Jackson LaRose"] [quote user="mikachusetts"]This sounds a lot like natural law to me.[/quote] No, no my friend, physics is a natural law. It can be denied, but it cannot be defied. My post was merely an assurance that without objective, universal, and absolute ethical codes, people would still, by and large, interact
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by mikachusetts on Wed, Feb 3 2010
  • Re: Monuments

    [quote user="Mark B."] I want the Lincoln memorial. I was thinking of dynamiting Dishonest Abe and his throne and replacing it with something more suitable, like a seated statue of Zeus. [/quote] I remember Lew Rockwell saying something about this. He was talking about the purchasing of national monuments by private enterprises and how no
    Posted to General (Forum) by mikachusetts on Wed, Feb 3 2010
  • Re: Atheism and Ancap

    [quote user="baxter"] "Why else should religion receive any more focus than, say, shuffle-board?" 1. People do not generally detonate their rectums because of a shuffleboard game. 2. People don't get burnt at the stake or put in a gas chamber after losing shuffleboard. 3. Shuffleboard admits the possibility that the Earth is
    Posted to General (Forum) by mikachusetts on Wed, Feb 3 2010
  • Re: War: anarcho-capitalist vs centrally-controlled inflationist

    [quote user="tfr000"] Suppose an anarcho-capitalist (or minarchist, for that matter) country found itself in a war against a centrally planned, inflationist state. How would it go about defending itself? [/quote] What's an anarcho-capitalist country anyway? Is this short hand for "all people within x geographical territory?"
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by mikachusetts on Wed, Feb 3 2010
  • Re: Praxeological Ethics

    [quote user="Jackson LaRose"] Empathy and common sense are naturally occurring, shared traits among most people, due to our evolution from social animals. These commonality two traits (among others) imply that the majority of individuals will naturally cooperate, rather than fight, to attain their ends. [/quote] This sounds a lot like natural
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by mikachusetts on Wed, Feb 3 2010
  • Re: Atheism and Ancap

    [quote user="OntologicalQuandary"] Religion is a bunch of mumbo-jumbo, that, once weeded out, leaves the individual an atheist or an agnostic (atheist without balls). [/quote] It doesn't necessarily follow that taking religion out of the equation means that there is no god. Proofs for the existence of god don't work anymore than proofs
    Posted to General (Forum) by mikachusetts on Wed, Feb 3 2010
Page 65 of 65 (648 items) « First ... < Previous 61 62 63 64 65 | More Search Options