  • Re: Mistaken about Bitcoin?

    So, uh, did I win?
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Sam Armstrong on Thu, May 24 2012
  • Re: Mistaken about Bitcoin?

    At least I knew enough to not buy at $33. I still stand by my video though.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Sam Armstrong on Fri, Dec 23 2011
  • Re: Mistaken about Bitcoin?

    I'm the worst investor ever. I sold at 2.30 after I bought at 7. Now it's back up to 4. I'm done trying to play. Good thing I only tested it with 40 bucks. BTW, Dave, what happened to your updates?
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Sam Armstrong on Tue, Dec 20 2011
  • Re: Don't buy Bitcoins (video)

    @Sam Armstrong: Pretty slick presentation, do you do this kind of thing professionally? If not, you should consider it. Thanks. That was my first educational video. I've never really thought about it as a profession. I'm a programmer. The trouble with suggesting that Bitcoins have some kind of "fallback use" as captchas is that this
    Posted to General (Forum) by Sam Armstrong on Sat, Jul 16 2011
  • Re: Don't buy Bitcoins (video)

    I'm sorry, but has this been debunked yet? Because everybody seems to be talking as if it has. I've made a youtube video out of it.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Sam Armstrong on Fri, Jul 8 2011
  • Re: THIS JUST IN: choices = bad

    "The more choices, the less satisfied we are" This sort of makes sense. The more choices, the higher the opportunity cost, though I imagine that is vasly offset by the increase in satisfaction from increased quality.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Sam Armstrong on Mon, Jul 4 2011
  • Telecommunications and Europe

    So I was watching the following video http://www.viddler.com/simple/98b93558/ Some where around the 18 minute mark they talk about the differences between europe and united states telecom, and how the british solved the problem of monopolistic telecommunications, by forcing the companies to allow isp's to use their wires. British Telecom was the
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Sam Armstrong on Wed, Jun 29 2011
  • Re: Don't buy Bitcoins (video)

    Toilet paper has a very low value to weight/volume ratio. Wow gold is inflationary, costs money at the very beginning before you can even accept any (you have to buy the Wow software), and has no ability to be traded outside of playing the videogame. Each of those 4 problems are overcome by bitcoin. I do not offer this as "proof" but as potential
    Posted to General (Forum) by Sam Armstrong on Tue, Jun 28 2011
  • Re: Don't buy Bitcoins (video)

    While I agree with you Peter, I will be deeply saddened if that is the point most people take from that post. I believe this paragraph is the crux of the objection. So I think this is your main objection. RIGHT NOW, people are not using bitcoin for captcha, nor do they have the ability to because nobody has developed a method for doing that. Which leads
    Posted to General (Forum) by Sam Armstrong on Sat, Jun 25 2011
  • Re: Don't buy Bitcoins (video)

    Humans care about goods, not about currency for the sake of currency. Just because a tiny group of people cares about currency for the sake of currency doesn't mean that makes it a reliable medium of exchange for people outside that group. The Somali shilling is not widely used as tissue paper, and is not widely used for fire starting. It is a paper
    Posted to General (Forum) by Sam Armstrong on Fri, Jun 24 2011
Page 1 of 34 (337 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options