  • Re: What are some good arguments against "if you don't like it, leave!" and...

    haha I'm not American but I'm sure I know way more about the American constitution and it's founding fathers than most Americans.. In Australia we have a constitution too, but it is even more irrelevant than the USA's..
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by daveyc86 on Thu, Jun 30 2011
  • Re: What are some good arguments against "if you don't like it, leave!" and...

    It seems you're missing the point... Libertarians consider 'human rights' to be property rights, derived from self-ownership. There is no 'human right' that entitles a man to health care, if no one in the world wanted to voluntarily save the dieing man, the government would have to infringe on the rights of others by stealing from
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by daveyc86 on Wed, Jun 29 2011
  • What are some good arguments against "if you don't like it, leave!" and...

    I'm trying to come up with some simple and clear arguments against the 2 following attacks I always hear when arguing against the state. #1 - If you don't like it (living in country X), go somewhere else! #2 - You use the public roads/utilities/schools/whatever so this justifies the government taxing you! does anyone have a simple and clear
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by daveyc86 on Tue, Jun 28 2011
  • Re: Immigrants working here, sending money home.

    @ Daniel Yes, he has an economic interest in this... he is a succesful businessmen, he owns a franchise of tech stores.. funnily enough, most of the stuff he sells is made in Asian countries. He also started manufacturing goods inside Australia, they were more expensive and worse than the alternatives.. but people were guilt tripped into buying them
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by daveyc86 on Tue, Dec 21 2010
  • Immigrants working here, sending money home.

    Hey guys, In Australia one of the main scapegoats for unemployment/any other problem is immigration, it's always said on the news that we have too many coming in etc. Theres even a respected millionaire launching a transparent campaign against them... search youtube for Dick Smiths Population Puzzle if you dare, this is his latest covertly racist
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by daveyc86 on Tue, Dec 21 2010
  • Re: Mises Store - Shipping

    Thanks for the info! Would I be able to get a quoted price from someone if I email them what I want to order? how sad is it that it's almost always cheaper to buy a book online and have it shipped half way across the world and delievered to my door than it is to just walk to the local store and buy one.... ps. I went to buy that rothbard enemy of
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by daveyc86 on Wed, Mar 10 2010
  • Mises Store - Shipping

    Hey guys.. I sent a message to the contact email at the mises store but got no reply, so maybe this will work better... apologies if this is not the place to ask... I'd like to buy stuff from the mises store but it's extremely expensive to do so when I'm given no shipping options. (I live in Australia) For example, if I want to buy human
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by daveyc86 on Wed, Mar 10 2010
  • The curse of machinery

    Hi everyone, so i'm relatively new to austrian economics... i've only read Henry Hazzlits Economics in One Lesson and Murray Rothbards For a New Liberty, plus i regularly listen to guys like Peter Schiff and Ron Paul and read articles from Cato/Mises... but I still haven't got my head around this argument that comes up when I try to tell
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by daveyc86 on Wed, Nov 4 2009
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | More Search Options