  • Re: IP debate - please help!

    Pretty stupid on his part. Yea, if I can't copy or make use of something you've created, I'll have to find an alternative. But the fact that I'm forced to "innovate" because you have a protectionist monopoly on an "idea" doesn't make this an economically efficient outcome. There is an opportunity cost: namely
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Mon, Sep 23 2013
  • Re: Kokesh plans loaded open carry rally in DC, where it's illegal

    What you mean to say is, all it takes is one undercover gov't agent to fire a bullet before a bloodbath breaks out. Just ask Clayton, he'll tell ya.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Tue, May 7 2013
  • Re: Kokesh plans loaded open carry rally in DC, where it's illegal

    Okay, I didn't bother to see what this content of this actual demonstration is besides what I can deduce from this thread. I am totally with the rhetoric of JJ and HabbaBabba. What the libertarian movement is sorely lacking is some fucking balls, and that is so god damned obvious from this thread. I literally laughed out loud at Neilso's gun
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Tue, May 7 2013
  • Re: Is science prediction?

    Right, makes sense. I haven't read the paper, so I'll do that before I ask anything else. Thanks.
    Posted to General (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Tue, May 7 2013
  • Re: Is science prediction?

    Why does quantum mechanics supposedly yeild incredilby accurate predictions, yet lack scientific rigor in terms of establishing cause and effect, consistent definitions, etc. (as I've heard some on this board claim - I lack the expertise to judge the science in any way tbh). I understand an understanding of cause and effect yeild greater predictability
    Posted to General (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Tue, May 7 2013
  • Is science prediction?

    I don't think so. It can be a feature of science, but I don't think it is at the core. From thinking about it just for a minute, I'd say (good) science is something like true premises + internal consistency + predictability. Some times we maybe will have to settle for imperfect premises when we model things, but I think a correct premise
    Posted to General (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Tue, May 7 2013
  • Re: Character Alignment

    Thank God I'm not neutral. That sounds like the worst imaginable philosophical outlook. Edit: Then again these questions aren't exactly what I thought they were..
    Posted to General (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Mon, May 6 2013
  • Re: Homosexual Marriage

    Where does Hoppe say that, Malachi? I'd be interested in a source to see exactly what he says.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Sat, May 4 2013
  • Re: Homosexual Marriage

    Student, [quote] Is the NAP really your biggest concern here? [/quote] It is a very important concern. I see a big difference in advocating something like ostracism compared to aggressive violence. Do you? [quote] If Hoppe was saying that private property owners should remove advocates of homosexulity from their land to protect the libertarian order
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Sat, May 4 2013
  • Re: Homosexual Marriage

    [quote] it isn't someone else's phrasing, it is a direct quote of hoppe from his book "democracy: the god that failed". [/quote] Phrasing wasn't the right word. I just meant that's it's not a full quote, and you have to rely on Block's interpretation of it. But I know from experience that a pdf of that book is nowhere
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Sat, May 4 2013
Page 1 of 43 (423 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options