  • Re: Walter Block makes $175k per year

    I said what I did because I spent hours drudging through a thread on welfare where Consumariat was calling us callous pricks (not in this language) for opposing redistribution. Now he's here defending Block's 175k salary from criticism. He's an idiot and a hypocrite. [quote]What's wrong with him earning lots of money? I don't like
    Posted to General (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Sat, Jan 5 2013
  • Re: Walter Block makes $175k per year

    No one cares what you think about his politics, Consumariat.
    Posted to General (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Thu, Jan 3 2013
  • Re: Mises Believed in Theft

    [quote] I usually personally prefer reading about someone and their work rather than the work itself, and it gives me the same knowledge one would obtain by reading that particular work . [/quote] With respect to SM, I agree with JJ on this point. He is right. With respect, I'm kinda confused at your first post to SM, Wheylous. Why would you mock
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Sat, Dec 29 2012
  • Re: I'm not a libertarian.

    Great post, Z. [quote] Documentation to that effect? I've heard people say things like this a lot and never saw much to back it up; I'm not necessarily accusing you of this, but it sounds like a thing people say because they want it to be true and they vaguely suspect it to be true. I'll consider sources. [/quote] I mean, what else do you
    Posted to General (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Fri, Dec 28 2012
  • Re: I'm not a libertarian.

    The State in Norway practically runs people’s lives with the amount of control it has over economic outcomes. If you prefer a universalization of living standards, you have some serious issues. It's a country of 5 million. It's not hard to provide for 5 million. Get an economic system to provide a decent standard of living for hundreds
    Posted to General (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Fri, Dec 28 2012
  • Re: I'm not a libertarian.

    To make my point less abstract, think of something like this. Many poor families are single-parent households. This is a failing of a historically extrememly important institution - the two parent family. What does the state do? It provides welfare to the mom, subsidizing this extremely inefficient arrangment. Further, children from single-parent households
    Posted to General (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Wed, Dec 26 2012
  • Re: I'm not a libertarian.

    You have to get over these relatively miniscule objections. Think of the grand scheme. Relatively capitalist economies have lifted hundreds of millions from destitute poverty to having standards of living on par, if not superior to royalty of past. Welfare is now only a consideration because we are so much richer than ever before in history. And look
    Posted to General (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Wed, Dec 26 2012
  • Re: Libertarianism in Honduras

    What a shame - this sounded pretty awesome.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Wed, Dec 26 2012
  • Re: Social Contract Theory

    It's a rejection of anything falsely called a "contract" which involves aggression. The two are mutually exclusive. Contracts are voluntary. The "social contract" as commonly explained is not voluntary, regardless of its various forms. No gov't rules by some kind of contract with its people. It rules by simply proclaiming
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Wed, Dec 26 2012
  • Re: How Disgusting

    You can't debate old people (40+). Their brains are mush, and when a tragic event like this happens, they see no fault in readily using emotions (which are especially strong, considering most of them have children) to come to their conclusions, even if it's blatantly at odds with reason.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by NonAntiAnarchist on Sun, Dec 23 2012
Page 5 of 43 (423 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options