  • Re: Read My Macro Paper!

    Captain, Here is a Mises Daily article from 10/12 that addresses the situation with macroeconomics, or at the very least, Krugmanism. My Encounter with Paul Krugman Nothing we didn't know already, but I think it's a good read, and it might be relevant to this discussion.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by chloe732 on Wed, Oct 13 2010
  • Re: Read My Macro Paper!

    I hope Grayson, Esuric, Jonathan or others will be able to take the time to read through and critique your paper for you. Maybe Student can weigh in and provide a preview of your professor's opinion, given their common point of view. In the meantime, I read the paper, and offer my own impressions (which are worth zero in the unhampered market):
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by chloe732 on Tue, Oct 12 2010
  • Re: Freedom Images...

    I, Pencil, even in a greatly simplified flowchart, is still mind numbingly complex. Any non-market based system must come to terms with this simple fact.
    Posted to General (Forum) by chloe732 on Mon, Oct 11 2010
  • Re: Obama seeks bipartisan support for infrastructure upgrade

    I"m to the point where I can't read articles like this anymore. He wants $50 billion to repair "crumbling infrastructure" to create "much needed construction jobs". Nonsense. But we know that already. Maybe if Henry Hazlitt and Mises had a podium in the Rose Garden, surrounded by serious looking men in suits, we would have
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by chloe732 on Mon, Oct 11 2010
  • Re: New to Anarcho-Capitalism and Mises.org

    [quote user="freeradicals"]I'm a young CTO of a startup and helped turn our company into a multi-million dollar business. I never accepted help from anyone other than my own drive to produce and create my own wealth.[/quote] Welcome, and please contribute often. Look forward to reading your posts and questions. How to deal with it? Self
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by chloe732 on Mon, Oct 11 2010
  • Re: A discussion with my professor over deflation

    [quote user="scineram"]Excessive demand is excessive.[/quote] A classic reply from scineram.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by chloe732 on Sun, Oct 10 2010
  • Re: Statism is a mental disorder?

    [quote user="Sieben"]I'm trying to think of a way to use this in an argument... what immediately comes to mind is "prove that you do not have stockholm syndrome".[/quote] Here's a thought. Suppose you were a hostage negotiator, and you were allowed to speak to a captive over the phone. What approach would you take to prove
    Posted to General (Forum) by chloe732 on Sun, Oct 10 2010
  • Re: Statism is a mental disorder?

    [quote user="Sieben"]Such captives may side with their captors while believing their captors have conferred on them great importance and love"[/quote] The captives call it Election Day. Sieben, interesting insight here. I've never thought of it in these terms. But the Stockholm Syndrome may in fact explain how government retains its
    Posted to General (Forum) by chloe732 on Sun, Oct 10 2010
  • Re: A discussion with my professor over deflation

    [quote user="Modus Tollens"]Deflation, when driven by an excess demand for money, increases the real burden of debt. It is not a solution to anything. In my opinion, your professor is quite correct.[/quote] How does one define "excess" demand for money? How do we know then one's demand for money is excessive? Are you ignoring
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by chloe732 on Sun, Oct 10 2010
  • Re: Will the dollar strengthens once more

    rosstaylor, You might find this chart to be insightful. It comes from a website called Decisionpoint. The dollar could be declining to about 76, where support might come in. A dollar rally from there? Who knows. Decision Point
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by chloe732 on Fri, Oct 8 2010
Page 4 of 87 (862 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options