  • Re: Does deflation lead to hoarding of money?

    [quote user="Andrew Cain"] [quote user="Mansoor H. Khan"]Ok. good. we are getting somewhere. What happens if consumer preferences are NOT in line with objective reality? Do you see an issue there?[/quote] How can it not be? [/quote] Ok. If we truly had much more an capness in our society yes deviation from objective reality is likely
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Mansoor H. Khan on Fri, Mar 19 2010
  • Re: Cause of Today's Economic Crises: Too Much Thrift

    [quote user="filc"] Capital goods are the machines used to create the bread. Gold is the savings/investment. The reason why a capital theory is important is that it points out that Capital goods are not easily movable. SO in a correction where assets must be liquidated it explains why there is a bust, or a recession. The recession is the wait
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Mansoor H. Khan on Fri, Mar 19 2010
  • Re: Cause of Today's Economic Crises: Too Much Thrift

    [quote user="filc"] [quote user="Mansoor H. Khan"] Ok. So if credit is not real capital. How were the producers able to produce loaves of bread (something real) from nothing? Mansoor [/quote] They do so at the expense of the economy. The economy re-directs real objects, not monetary objects, to places with the greatest purchasing
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Mansoor H. Khan on Fri, Mar 19 2010
  • Re: Cause of Today's Economic Crises: Too Much Thrift

    [quote user="filc"] [quote user="Mansoor H. Khan"]There are savings all around us: excess production capacity and ready, able, willing, trained labor. [/quote] And most of these are not savings. You need to understand that capital is heteregenous A and that it takes time to re-allocate it B. If I have 100,000,00 dollars in savings
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Mansoor H. Khan on Fri, Mar 19 2010
  • Re: Cause of Today's Economic Crises: Too Much Thrift

    [quote user="Mansoor H. Khan"] [quote user="E. R. Olovetto"] [quote user="Mansoor H. Khan"] [quote user="E. R. Olovetto"] Sorry, I forgot that Al-AnCappa ruled Pakistan and not the Pakistani Government and the millions of $ of foreign military "aid". [/quote] Look. Most people are NOT impacted by all
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Mansoor H. Khan on Fri, Mar 19 2010
  • Re: Cause of Today's Economic Crises: Too Much Thrift

    [quote user="Jonathan M. F. Catalán"] [quote user="Fephisto"] It's a quarter of their GDP [/quote] Telling from the other thread, the fact is that he knows just as much about Pakistan as the rest of us do, but doesn't have the google-fu to check his information. [/quote] Tax evasion is very high there. This information
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Mansoor H. Khan on Fri, Mar 19 2010
  • Re: Cause of Today's Economic Crises: Too Much Thrift

    [quote user="Azure"] [quote user="Mansoor H. Khan"]Ok. Again, will you keep the unemployed alive while the economy re-configures? Yes or No, please. Mansoor [/quote] I cannot. No one can. [/quote] Azure, I am learning about your principles more and I think you could have given the following answer consistent with your principles
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Mansoor H. Khan on Fri, Mar 19 2010
  • Re: Cause of Today's Economic Crises: Too Much Thrift

    [quote user="Mansoor H. Khan"] [quote user="filc"] [quote user="Mansoor H. Khan"]So if deflation is 10% and rate of return of the project is 9%. Will you do the project or just warehouse the gold[/quote] Depends on how risky the project is. If it's nearly guaranteed I'll choose the 9%. But you, or I, cannot make
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Mansoor H. Khan on Fri, Mar 19 2010
  • Re: Mansoor's Observation: Present Day Pakistan = An Example of an An Capp Society

    [quote user="Conza88"] [quote user="Grayson Lilburne"]I don't appreciate being mocked.[/quote] It's the position I was mocking. If anyone happens to hold the same one, I don't see how that's my fault. If I some how offended you, I apologise. [quote user="Mansoor H. Khan"] 7) Then tell me what you think.
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Mansoor H. Khan on Fri, Mar 19 2010
  • Re: Does deflation lead to hoarding of money?

    [quote user="wilderness"] [quote user="Mansoor H. Khan"]yes. I am with you so far. please Keep going?[/quote] Other than that, without any specifics, I would suggest this book . This is a large field of knowledge to get into, there are lots of books, and I've only just begun to get into the detailed aspect of economics in general
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Mansoor H. Khan on Thu, Mar 18 2010
Page 1 of 27 (267 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options