  • Re: What is/was the worst state to live under in history?

    [/quote][quote user="AaronBurr"] Really Burr? Someone seems to be forgetting the fact of the blockade of goods into Palestine, which by any measure is fairly harsh. Not to mention how poorly they are treated by Israeli officials. For a current state, Palestine is pretty absymal, by any standard. Calling others Marxists, especially on the LVMI
    Posted to History (Forum) by LvMIenthusiast on Fri, Jun 17 2011
  • Books by Gore Vidal

    I just picked up "Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace" by Vidal, has anyone here read any of his voluminous works? Jeff Riggenbach seems to view him in a highly favorable light. What's the verdict on Vidal?
    Posted to History (Forum) by LvMIenthusiast on Mon, Dec 20 2010
  • How often does Lew Rockwell post comments on his blog?

    And do you write to the blogmaster or lew himself? Because I want to try and get a small piece up.
    Posted to General (Forum) by LvMIenthusiast on Tue, Dec 14 2010
  • Re: Did any Austrian economists smoke cigars?

    Clearly a cigarette, you can see the cherry towards the end. All these vintage shots of European are very stoic, there's next to no emotion in their faces. Very different pictures contra those of an American Austrian economist like Rothbard .
    Posted to General (Forum) by LvMIenthusiast on Sat, Dec 11 2010
  • Did any Austrian economists smoke cigars?

    If so, does anyone know what their favorite cigar was? It's a rather trivial question, but I was looking to see what famous people smoke in terms of cigars and this inevitably popped into my head. Ha, I wonder if Rothbard was an occasional cigar smoker?
    Posted to General (Forum) by LvMIenthusiast on Sat, Dec 11 2010
  • How is Woods' book, "Nullification"?

    I just ordered it from Amazon today, because I finally finished several books I was reading before I wanted to read before Nullification. Anyway, how is it?
    Posted to General (Forum) by LvMIenthusiast on Fri, Nov 19 2010
  • FDR's introduction of 30 year mortgage on houses

    Alright, I was recently criticizing FDR for introducing the 30 year mortgage and I got shouted deown for being "anti home ownership". I said the most legitimitate way to purchase a house was to pay for it all up front or save up to purchase a house. I also pointed to the fact that many households are currently "under water", but
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by LvMIenthusiast on Mon, Oct 18 2010
  • Re: Greatest mathematician of our times is dead.

    Giant_Joe, If you haven't read Taleb's book, The Black Swan, I strongly encourage you to do so. While I thought that the book was highly informative (and a great read at that), I do think that Taleb got carried away glorifying himself, which impeded the flow of the book at times. He also questionably praised Keynes, essentially calling him a
    Posted to General (Forum) by LvMIenthusiast on Mon, Oct 18 2010
  • Amity Shlaes strikes again!

    Alright, so I got my monthly letter of the normally Neo-Con dominated I mprimis (it’s a shame Lew Rockwell left, the quality has clearly gone into free-fall), however this time around Amity Shale has her own column, discussing, "The Rules of the Game and Economic Recovery" (apparently, this was part of the Ludwig von Mises Lecture Series
    Posted to General (Forum) by LvMIenthusiast on Mon, Oct 18 2010
  • Re: Was Jesus a pacifist?

    Jesus Christ was known as the "Prince of Peace", the fact that a good majority of American Christians "appreciate" his values, attempt to apply it to their daily lives, and then engage in total war against foreign people who are largely innocent is beyond me. On another (and a positive) note, I believe you will find that there are
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by LvMIenthusiast on Sat, Oct 16 2010
Page 1 of 35 (342 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options