  • Question about warehousing fees in full-reserve banking

    I just read a paper by Lawrence H. White published in the independent review in 2003 entitled "Accounting for Fractional-Reserve Banknotes and Deposits—or, What’s Twenty Quid to the Bloody Midland Bank?" Essentially, White is a supporter of fractional-reserve banking and he makes a number of arguments in its favor that I don't
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by C on Sun, Mar 7 2010
  • Re: What Should the Federal Reserve Done during the Great Depression?

    I must first admit that I am not 100% familar with the exact monetary circumstances surrounding the great depression, but let me give you an example of how you could be wrong. This may not apply to the great depression - i would have to do more reserach to find out if it is the case. If the fed inflates the money supply causing the business cycle. The
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by C on Wed, Mar 3 2010
  • Re: Need an answer on a blackmail case

    [quote user="Caley McKibbin"] No, it would not. There is no such thing as a "minor". [/quote] Of course there is such a thing as a "minor". By definition it is any child that does not have the capacity to understand the consequences of his or her actions. Thus a legal guardian is needed until the child becomes mature enough
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by C on Wed, Mar 3 2010
  • Re: What Should the Federal Reserve Done during the Great Depression?

    I have a different take than most austrians. I agree with friedman for a different reason. In my opion, if artificially low interest rates can give the illusion that there are more resources available to be invested than really exist (causing the business cycle), then it should also be possible that artificially high interest rates would give the illusion
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by C on Tue, Mar 2 2010
  • Re: Need an answer on a blackmail case

    I would think fruad too except there wasn't any contract offer. He just asked for pictures, didn't offer anything in return and they voluntarily gave them to him. Can you have fruad in absence of a contract?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by C on Tue, Mar 2 2010
  • Need an answer on a blackmail case

    Ok, I had nothing better to do tonight so I was watching Bill O'Reilly. On the show they were discussing a case of blackmail and as a libertarian it got me thinking and I found it a bit hard for me to digest. For starters, lets use Walter Blocks arguement that blackmail is not a crime. You have some information, make a threat to disclose the information
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by C on Tue, Mar 2 2010
  • Re: How would police investigation work in Anarcho-capitalist society?

    Merlin is way off base on this and Bob T is correct. First off...Nobody buys liability insurance right now yet people are still allowed on private property. There is a chance I will commit a crime when on private property... of course, but then I get sued civilly and am personally held liable. There isn't one person buying this type of criminal
    Posted to General (Forum) by C on Wed, Feb 17 2010
Page 16 of 16 (157 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 | More Search Options