  • Re: Abortion in an Anarcho-Capitalist Society

    Enforcement of the laws will always be up to the victim, in the case of abortion the victim is the child who is unable to defend itself. The only way for the child to receive any justice would be if some charity group put up funds on the child's behalf. Ultimately, the laws will be be made when a person signs a contract with their defense agency
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by C on Sun, Oct 10 2010
  • Re: Open Immigration and the Libertarian Perspective

    Glenn Jacobs (Kane <--LOL) actually has written one of the best pieces on immigration I have ever read. I would strongly recommend reading this: http://www.lewrockwell.com/jacobs/jacobs9.1.1.html
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by C on Tue, Oct 5 2010
  • Conservatives and Free Trade

    You guys notice how conservatives are becoming more and more anti-trade? I just had some "conservative" girl shout me down on twitter over free trade. She was kinda good looking so I figured I would take the time to teach her some basic economics but she wasn't having any of it. @ ChrisPacia When you protect your country's well being
    Posted to General (Forum) by C on Mon, Oct 4 2010
  • Re: Question about regime uncertainty

    Ok let me take another crack at it. The uncertainty is not the problem per se. This simply causes businessmen to value factors of production less which would in turn cause prices to fall. However, gov't policy that prevents falling prices is responsible for unemployment etc. The regime uncertainty exacerbates the overall problem of prices remaining
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by C on Mon, Oct 4 2010
  • Re: Question about regime uncertainty

    [quote user="DD5"] The problem is never "hoarding" per se, or businesses holding on their cash instead of reinvesting it. The problems is always failure of prices to adjust to the current market conditions due to government policies. If prices adjusted, businesses would resume to reinvest at the lower market rates for factors of
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by C on Mon, Oct 4 2010
  • Re: Need Help Refuting the "Government is Us" Fallacy

    http://mises.org/pdf/anatomy.pdf
    Posted to General (Forum) by C on Mon, Oct 4 2010
  • Re: Question about regime uncertainty

    Also from what I've read of higgs, he tries to show that investment as a % of GDP decreases due to regime uncertaincy. Which doesn't this just mean higher time preference?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by C on Mon, Oct 4 2010
  • Re: Question about regime uncertainty

    Are you talking about an actual hording of capital or money? If people's time preferences decrease due to the recession and they save more but businesses do not increase investment, wouldn't this just result in a general deflation? Not a situation where real resources are being under-employed?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by C on Mon, Oct 4 2010
  • Question about regime uncertainty

    I'm just trying to clarify this concept. Does Higgs suggest that regime uncertainty causes an increase in time preferences (less investment/more consumption)? I'm just asking because I feel as if some people are throwing regime uncertainty around in a bit of a keynesian fashion suggesting that capital is being horded because of it.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by C on Sun, Oct 3 2010
  • Research Paper

    So I narrowly missed out on being assigned to write 30 page research paper on the subprime crisis for my risk management class. For those who remember, this is the class where I had a debate with my professor over market failure on the first day of class. In fact when he was assigning topics he said "who wants to research the market failure in
    Posted to General (Forum) by C on Tue, Sep 21 2010
Page 5 of 16 (157 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options