  • Re: "The case against individualist anarchism" by Shayne Wessler

    [quote]you mean anarchists are going to deny folks the right to surrender themselves to government ? isnt that contradictory , I mean I thought anarchists believed in freedom. If someone wants to smoke cigars or pot or bang fat chicks, what right have you got to deny them ? and if they want to surrender some freedom to live under the dominion of a government
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Paul on Wed, Jul 27 2011
  • Re: "The case against individualist anarchism" by Shayne Wessler

    [quote]I mean if someone wants to live under a government isn't that their right ?[/quote] Err...no!
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Paul on Tue, Jul 26 2011
  • Re: Grammar Help

    [quote]For example, would you say: 'The guide told us hotel was ahead. ' or 'The guide told us that hotel was ahead. '[/quote] The second, though I suspect it's not what you intended. "The guide told us the hotel was ahead" is OK, but you can use "that hotel" in a similar way, so your second sentence makes sense
    Posted to General (Forum) by Paul on Wed, Jun 29 2011
  • Re: Is sales tax a price floor?

    So now, if the opposite occurs, and a sales tax makes every product 7% more expensive, ... http://mises.org/rothbard/mes/chap12c.asp#8D._SI_General_Sales_Tax
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Paul on Sat, Jun 4 2011
  • Re: Black Women Less Attractive Than Other Women

    Assuming this data is all gathered from Americans, the result is probably (a) true, and (b) praxeologically predictable...and nothing to do with racism. I would bet it wouldn't apply if the sample were extended outside the US. (Can't anyone think of a reason black American women might be expected to be less attractive, on average, but black
    Posted to General (Forum) by Paul on Thu, Jun 2 2011
  • Re: Econ Pop Quiz

    OK...D, B, D. Why D not C for #1? I assume current renters are geographically distributed fairly evenly between the area about to be rent controlled and the outlying areas, that there are places available for rent in the to-be-RC-area, and that there's no reason to expect a large influx of new residents (e.g., from other states) in the near future;
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Paul on Fri, May 13 2011
  • Re: Newbie's?: Minimum wages increasing employment via aggregate demand?

    [quote]What he is saying in simple English is that sure, many workers will be left to starve in the streets because of minimum wage, but don't you worry.[/quote] That's not what he's saying at all. I think he's assuming the old "consumption spending drives the economy" nonsense, and saying that if the workers are paid more
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Paul on Tue, Apr 19 2011
  • Re: Homesteading

    [quote]But no one, so far as I know, has presented any convincing reason why, if land starts out belonging equally to everyone,[/quote] It doesn't start out "belonging equally to everyone", it starts out "not belonging to anyone" (strictly speaking that is the same thing, of course: it belongs equally -- i.e., not at all -- to
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Paul on Sat, Apr 16 2011
  • Re: Free download of my libertarian book, Withur We!

    [quote]I was just joking around. "Officially", wh is pronounced differently from w... it has changed like the word couple. ;-)[/quote] Except that the 'w' pronunciation is the standard pronunciation these days. Only in American dictionaries do you find 'hw' even given as an option. 'Couple' without 'of' is considered
    Posted to General (Forum) by Paul on Fri, Apr 15 2011
  • Re: Free download of my libertarian book, Withur We!

    [quote]And no British crap about the proper pronunciation of the 'wh' sound either! ;-)[/quote] Not sure what you mean by that...if you're talking about the "hw" sound some people use, that's far more common among Americans.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Paul on Fri, Apr 15 2011
Page 1 of 56 (556 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options