  • Re: Free to Choose: Ford Pinto

    @fakename: touché!
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Christopher on Sat, Feb 23 2013
  • Re: Free to Choose: Ford Pinto

    You're clearly too timid to say it. Ok, I'll say it for you: the federal government would do a much better job making cars for us (or at least, fascistly regulating them) because: the car industry is totally different from all other consumer products because it involves human safety the free-market fails because companies are just motivated
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Christopher on Sat, Feb 23 2013
  • Re: Hayek Would Have Supported Obamacare

    ToxicAssets, I feel sorry for you. I used to be you. I was miserable. My lack of understanding made the world seem random and evil. You've let ignorance and irrationality wash over you. You're confused. You have tidbits of an argument - your retort using "means and ends" from Human Action is a great start - but then you lapse into
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Christopher on Sat, Feb 23 2013
  • Re: Free to Choose: Ford Pinto

    Kakugo, again, you wrote a bunch of text that made no point. What is it!!? More government? Less government? What? Oh, and write it one sentence.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Christopher on Wed, Feb 20 2013
  • Re: Hayek Would Have Supported Obamacare

    On price distortion, look at it this way: when individuals act, they allocate resources as they the see fit, in order to ease their discomforts/satisfy their wants. When they do this, both buyer and seller benefit. The seeming paradox of this acting in one's best interest, is it produces the most satisfied, most advanced, peaceful society (emphasis
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Christopher on Wed, Feb 20 2013
  • Re: Hayek Would Have Supported Obamacare

    @ToxicAssets , I agree that local welfare is better than fed welfare, but no matter how you slice it, government redistribution, local or federal, distorts prices because it allocates resources differently than citizens would. By that argument, Hayek is contradictory. You're statement: This is just local groups using local government as tool of
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Christopher on Tue, Feb 19 2013
  • Re: Free to Choose: Ford Pinto

    Kakugo, you are definitely knowledgeable about the car industry and show it by write large wordy posts about how sucky the US car industry is, all the while never proposing a theory for why or saying how to fix it. I'm sure everyone here agrees - they all suck! What's your point? Are you proposing more regs, more bailouts, more unionisation
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Christopher on Mon, Feb 18 2013
  • Re: Can someone correct my article and/or refer me to sources?

    Come on guys. Do you think it's good for the cause to flame a guy just for this!!!? The guy is clearly a good guy. He's not a troll; give him the benefit of the doubt. So, Sukri, scan Rothbard's "What Has Government Done To Our Money" for more detail. But I would say briefly, that the trade unions want monetary inflation because
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Christopher on Sun, Feb 17 2013
  • Re: Free to Choose: Ford Pinto

    The crux of the complaint seems to be that Ford KNEW that the car would result in 200 deaths a year? Because people always bring up the Pinto argument, but they don't bring up the fact that ALL cars have safety defects. In fact all products in general are sold with known defects. If you argue that products shouldn't be sold with defects, you're
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Christopher on Sun, Feb 17 2013
  • Re: Hayek Would Have Supported Obamacare

    Hayeks writings reflect that he was somewhat muddled headed. I think he was also less willing to be labelled as a radical like Mises or Rothbard in order for him to be accepted. In a sense he was right - more people know who Hayek is. The problem is that he's still muddled headed. It doesn't take much to show that mandated health care AND redistributive
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Christopher on Sun, Feb 17 2013
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options