  • Re: Does the Ithaca Hour Disprove the Regression Theorem?

    Clayton, that is a fantastic and creative design. Thank you for sharing it. Are you involved in the DGC community? The essential problem in digital currencies is storing the value in a way that minimizes the risk of seizure, fraud, or other type of loss. Your system addresses that in a very elegant way. Ultimately I'm not sure that as a practical
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Helmuth Hubener on Thu, Sep 15 2011
  • Re: iPhone

    > I agree, it would be nice to be able to respond on the iphone! Just in case you didn't know: YOU CAN . Just hit the HTML button, a new tab will open, click in it a few times, and bingo, you can type. It works. Most of my posts (though not this one) have been from my iPod Touch. Try it.
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by Helmuth Hubener on Wed, Mar 31 2010
  • iPhone

    Follows a copy of correspondence I had with a web browser developer on whether the mises.org forums could be made to work on an iPhone. I hope it is useful information to the webmasters and administrators of the Mises site. ----- > I use a site called mises.org. It has a forum that does not quite work > on iCab Mobile (nor on Safari Mobile, nor
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by Helmuth Hubener on Sat, Mar 27 2010
  • Re: Suggestion: Upgrade forumsoftware to vBulletin

    One problem the current software has is that it does not work for iPod/iPhone/iPad, nor probably any other touchscreen-based portable devices, due to rich-text-editor, hover events, and other coding craziness incompatible with a mouseless keyboardless interface. Millions use these devices.
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by Helmuth Hubener on Sat, Mar 27 2010
  • Re: Sovereignty... for one species only.

    Hey, you've got to fight for your right to brush! Don't let the man tell you what to do! Go outside and play? No!! I'm brushing my teeth! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrJaN-OD1ig&feature=youtube_gdata
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Helmuth Hubener on Sat, Mar 6 2010
  • Re: Sovereignty... for one species only.

    The specific actions? Not really. The fact that you feel it is an absolute right (complete justification) to do all those things, well, that's a little creepy. My mind boggles. So it's a little creepy that I feel totally justified in brushing my teeth. I suppose I should instead feel just a little bit guilty and uncertain as I undertake my dentrific
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Helmuth Hubener on Sat, Mar 6 2010
  • Re: Sovereignty... for one species only.

    As far as I can tell, there is no productive debate to be had with people that want to rationalize lighting a cat on fire on the grounds that cats aren't legal persons. To me, this is just a reductio of thin libertarianism. To be a bit, no, a good deal, more precise, libertarians want to rationalize failing to kill or cage any persons who may insist
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Helmuth Hubener on Sat, Mar 6 2010
  • Re: Sovereignty... for one species only.

    It wasn't a rhetorical question -- I wasn't saying you shouldn't care, I was really asking why you should care, so I could then I answer myself that you should care because of the utilitarian reason I gave. OK, so actually the question was a rhetorical device, just in a different way than normal. I shouldve wrote "it is because"
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Helmuth Hubener on Tue, Mar 2 2010
  • Re: Sovereignty... for one species only.

    Right, it was already mentioned by several here that any uniquely human behavior or cognition will have exceptions. At minimum, infants and vegetables exhibit no uniquely human characteristics. That doesn't negate the reality of unique human characteristics. Cheetahs run fast. The two crippled cheetahs in the world don't make that untrue. The
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Helmuth Hubener on Tue, Mar 2 2010
  • Re: Sovereignty... for one species only.

    Jackson, get serious, is English not your first language? When someone writes "I would contend that people are good", they mean "it is my position that people are good". Invariably. 100% of the time. As for giving you an example, you already gave yourself one: homo sapiens is the only species capable of serious contemplation regarding
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Helmuth Hubener on Tue, Mar 2 2010
Page 1 of 3 (24 items) 1 2 3 Next > | More Search Options