  • Re: Terrorists: do they have rights?

    are they human beings? Of course they have rights. Fair trials and all that are there to protect the people who need it MOST, not the people who don't. Treat terrorists like they have no rights and all the government has to do is declare YOU a terrorist to take your rights away.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by aerborne on Fri, Feb 5 2010
  • Re: Where do we get our rights from?

    no one gives you your rights that's why they're "inalienable." Your rights exist as the universe exists and they aren't enforced by god or government. Only by you.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by aerborne on Thu, Feb 4 2010
  • Re: what are some bad experiences you have had with public education

    I had 2 teachers arrested for dealing meth to students after class shortly after i graduated.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by aerborne on Thu, Feb 4 2010
  • Re: War creates Peace

    it's hard to argue with him on that point because in one sense he's right. All it takes for evil to succeed is good men to do nothing. However He may have that point on his side he's still wrong in the whole argument: It's governments that make war and not free societies. There's never peace in tyranny and it would be a far cry to
    Posted to General (Forum) by aerborne on Tue, Feb 2 2010
  • Re: Has anyone here encountered an informed critic of AE?

    I ran into some stephen zarlenga fanbois once. They were terrible nothing but strawmen and copy pasta of pages from his (and others) books. They never formed their own arguments, and when they did they argued dumb stuff. One guy actually argued that gold is worthless as money because it "Has no intrinsic value" but he was arguing that greenbacks
    Posted to General (Forum) by aerborne on Tue, Feb 2 2010
  • Re: Dumping- the stupidity of the receiving side

    The US shouldn't be subsidizing food production in the first place. The US shouldn't be dumping food paid for by government subsidies on other countries. This isn't a free market thing. Food is also perishable so the food the farmers grew could be worthless by the time the US stops "dumping." This is agricultural terrorism, or
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by aerborne on Tue, Feb 2 2010
  • Re: Free Market Fractional Reserve banking

    I got the impression from a brief history of money, that Rothbard never had a problem with the fractional reserve practiced by independent banks so long as there wasn't the moral hazard of governments suspending specie payments so the banks wouldn't go bankrupt. In a free market fractional reserve would be kept in check by competing banks who
    Posted to History (Forum) by aerborne on Tue, Feb 2 2010
  • Re: Information as Property

    [quote user="z1235"][quote user="aerborne"][quote user="z1235"][quote user="aerborne"]so a text file of stephen kings the stand is the information itself? I beg to differ.[/quote] So what, in your opinion, IS the information, then?[/quote] A text file is like a jar of water. The Jar is not the water is it? [/quote
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by aerborne on Fri, Jan 29 2010
  • Re: Information as Property

    [quote user="z1235"] [quote user="aerborne"]so a text file of stephen kings the stand is the information itself? I beg to differ.[/quote] So what, in your opinion, IS the information, then?[/quote] A text file is like a jar of water. The Jar is not the water is it? [quote user="z1235"][quote user="aerborne"] the
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by aerborne on Fri, Jan 29 2010
  • Re: Peter Schiff vs Austrian Theory

    Peter schiff is an investor. It's more applied economics. It'd be like knowing physics, and making a basketball. You'd need to elaborate on these examples for more specific answers, but as far as the trade deficit and debt, i'm sure he means in our economy. The problems with our economy aren't problems of a free market economy. The
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by aerborne on Fri, Jan 29 2010
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options