  • Re: Three Truths Counter-indicated by Praxeology

    To The Dean, Thank you for examining my materials on the hyperbola. And no, I do not think there is a vast rightwing conspiracy (though I hear SFSU’s econ department actually lists a bit to starboard). I do however think there is a vast rightwing culture that responds in sympathetic ways to certain stimuli. I would like to take this culture seriously
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mabel on Sat, Sep 29 2007
  • Re: Three Truths Counter-indicated by Praxeology

    O.K. Guys this is how it is going to have to be: if anyone wants my response to the points being made here, they are going to accommodate my agenda first. Too many things (some of them worthwhile) are being said, too quickly, for there to be any practical means for me to address them. Once again, I have offered a few mathematical developments and objective
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mabel on Wed, Sep 26 2007
  • Re: Three Truths Counter-indicated by Praxeology

    Hi all, I seem to have received a number of challenges on a single point; so let me try to address them together. First, I hold that the economic order’s general stability and balance cannot be accounted-for in a tendency for individual firms and families to operate where marginal equal marginal costs. I do not think that economic science has a defensible
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mabel on Sun, Sep 23 2007
  • Re: Three Truths Counter-indicated by Praxeology

    Hi Dan, Sorry about being cryptic – will try to do better. I agree that the wisest science is aware of its inherent limits; and that such limits are always and necessarily part of this science game. My brief with economics is that it acknowledges limits that aren’t there, and can get pretty unpleasant in asserting that they are there. As for what makes
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mabel on Thu, Sep 20 2007
  • Re: Three Truths Counter-indicated by Praxeology

    Markara, As to whether or not I consider economics to be a science, I accept Nelson’s estimate in his Economics as Religion : at present ‘economics’ is mere pseudo-scientific imagery in the service of a self-sufficient system of values, whether the Libertarianism of Chicago or the Progressivism of the two Cambridges (one in England, one in Massachusetts
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mabel on Thu, Sep 20 2007
  • Re: Three Truths Counter-indicated by Praxeology

    Hi Grant, I hope my response to the post above adequately disposes of your question as to the Austrian school’s assertion that the economic dynamic is indescribable in quantitative terms. If we agree that von Mises and Hayek did not offer an engineering dynamic model of economic adjustment as they described it, then I will subside – so long as we also
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mabel on Tue, Sep 11 2007
  • Re: Three Truths Counter-indicated by Praxeology

    Hi, I appreciate your allowing that you are not an expert; but let us hope that the Austrian Institute is sufficiently well populated by people who are confident enough in their expertise to keep us on track. I do assert that the impossibility of quantifying the general equilibrium is subsumed throughout economic science, whether orthodox or heterodox
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mabel on Tue, Sep 11 2007
  • Re: Three Truths Counter-indicated by Praxeology

    Grant, You are right. I am talking about the SFEcon models – and the mathematics there are intense. Might I suggest that the complexities of economics are also intense? - otherwise they would have been penetrated in the 19 th Century when the general economic optimum was formulated. But you do not have to be a genius at applied math to appreciate whether
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mabel on Fri, Sep 7 2007
  • Re: Three Truths Counter-indicated by Praxeology

    This has nothing to do with Aguilar. My authorities are addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Once again, anyone here willing to do the math?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mabel on Thu, Sep 6 2007
  • Three Truths Counter-indicated by Praxeology

    Hi, I would like to start discussions on three premises that I believe form the real impasses to fundamental advances in economic science. Be it resolved: 1. The ‘polynomial factoring problem’ is irrelevant to quantification of general economic optima, i.e.: there exists one polynomial expression for general optimality (via multi-dimensional hyperbolae
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mabel on Wed, Sep 5 2007
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | More Search Options