  • Federal Reserve Bailout of the Bank of England:1927

    To be short and sweet, I don't see how bailing out the Bank of England in 1927 led to the Depression. That seems to be the Austrian explanation, in general, for the Depression from what I've read but I can't make the connection.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by C Le Master on Mon, May 2 2011
  • Replacing State Government with Local Governments

    In my school debate club, a kid presented an idea that was new to me. He believes we should have a unitarian government: with smaller federal government, little to no state government, with local governments based on Metropolitan disticts instead. He claimed that state governments seemed inefficient and contradictory to what state representatives worked
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by C Le Master on Thu, Apr 14 2011
  • Re: Government Works Projects Create Jobs?

    I am against government and government spending and identify with the Austrian school of thought. I am just trying to figure out why, considering all possibilities, I am, if that makes sense. So just throwing it out there, not saying i think this, but: Digging holes is something no one demands. There is no demand for a dug hole. However, there is a
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by C Le Master on Fri, Apr 8 2011
  • Re: Government Works Projects Create Jobs?

    Also, is this a sort of broken window fallacy thing, where we miss what the money could have been spent on otherwise?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by C Le Master on Mon, Mar 28 2011
  • Government Works Projects Create Jobs?

    I read http://mises.org/daily/305 8 and understood as much as I could of http://blog.mises.org/6734/government-produces-nothing-ever/ . Here is my problem: they say people would have had the money otherwise to spend on what they really wanted, the same amount of money. But who says that would have employed the people the government works project did
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by C Le Master on Mon, Mar 28 2011
  • New Deal: Saved the Country from Capitalism

    My teacher, today, assigned me a debate tommorow. One side is discussing how it saved the economy, and did not go far enough, while I am debating it went too far and harmed the country/economy. I just got a PDF copy of the PIG New Deal book. Does anyone know any key parts to read that I could use - I don't think I can read it all by tommorow. Also
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by C Le Master on Tue, Feb 22 2011
  • Deregulation leads to trusts and "robber-barons"

    Recently in US history we covered the late 1800s and early 1900s - The robber baron era, as my teacher calls it. Rather than dance around this ( i assume you all already know the history of this period), here are my questions: Did "excess capitalism" cause this? Are trusts bad, and/or achievable without government? Were the "robber-barons"
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by C Le Master on Fri, Feb 11 2011
  • Re: Potemkin America

    Is this a post about Pokemon or did I misread the title? My favorite is Charmander.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by C Le Master on Sat, Feb 5 2011
  • Re: Is Austrian Economics "right"?

    You say you think other theories are right, just dont cover the big picture if I understand you correctly. For example, what accuracy would you credit to Keynesian economics? Even if they are right on some things, their reasoning for being right about those things is probably wrong, correct? And isn't that what causes the other aspects of Keynesian
    Posted to General (Forum) by C Le Master on Sat, Feb 5 2011
  • Is Austrian Economics "right"?

    When it comes down to it, all of Austrian economics - the thousands of pages, the websites, the great thinkers, and everything - it is all just theories. Do you guys, as Austrian thinkers, think AusEcon's are "right" in a sort of absolute sense, or just a valid, well constructed group of theories? I bet before all of you held different
    Posted to General (Forum) by C Le Master on Fri, Feb 4 2011
Page 1 of 10 (92 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options