  • Re: Why is unemployment low in Japan?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Japan#Labor_force "The claimed unemployment rate for June 2009 is 5.2% (5.4% male (up 0.1% from May 2009), 4.9% female (up 0.3% from May 2009)). [1] [2] This is regarded an under-estimate. Even part-time workers with extremely low hours are classified as employed."
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Adam Magoon on Sun, Jun 27 2010
  • Re: Figuring Glenn Beck

    No, I don't think he is. I believe Beck is a performer and nothing else, he puts on a show. I heard Napolitano speak at CPAC and my intuition tells me he is genuine.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Adam Magoon on Sun, Jun 27 2010
  • Re: Figuring Glenn Beck

    I think Napolitano's heart is in the right place, I don't think he is intentionally misleading people like Beck is(IMO). I haven't watched Stossel, for some reason he irks me, I think from some other show or interview but I have nothing to back that up. Oh and thanks for the complement Aquila, while I am a long way from where I want to be
    Posted to General (Forum) by Adam Magoon on Sun, Jun 27 2010
  • Re: Figuring Glenn Beck

    I believe that Beck's association with us is a horrible thing. I understand that Libertarian values need to be spread as wide as possible, but I don't think the associations he brings help us in any way. His audience will not appreciate what the Libertarian idea of Liberty represents. In my opinion they see it as a nationalist thing, which is
    Posted to General (Forum) by Adam Magoon on Sun, Jun 27 2010
  • Re: over the counter antibiotics

    " Is this true?" Diseases mainly become more resistant if anti-biotics are used improperly, most people don't take the full dose or are underprescribed anti-biotics. "Are the new resistant strains actually more dangerous or just immune to the old medicine?" Before antibiotics were invented bacterial infections were the number
    Posted to General (Forum) by Adam Magoon on Mon, Jun 21 2010
  • Re: President Calvin Coolidge Ordered Poisoning of Citizens?

    This made the rounds on reddit a while back. People actually tried to justify it, made me sick.
    Posted to History (Forum) by Adam Magoon on Sat, Jun 19 2010
  • Re: Arizona GOP trying to completely ignore the constitution.

    If we allow ourselves to merely reinterpret the constitution whenever we see fit without going through the amendment process we wind up with things like the Commerce Clause being used the way it has been for the last hundred years. I am An-Cap, I don't think the constitution is even a legal document, but I am also a realist and am working within
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Adam Magoon on Mon, Jun 14 2010
  • Re: Arizona GOP trying to completely ignore the constitution.

    The 14th amendment? " Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Adam Magoon on Mon, Jun 14 2010
  • Arizona GOP trying to completely ignore the constitution.

    http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1996064,00.html "Arizona Republicans will likely introduce legislation this fall that would deny birth certificates to children born in Arizona — and thus American citizens according to the U.S. Constitution — to parents who are not legal U.S. citizens." Think what you want about the
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Adam Magoon on Mon, Jun 14 2010
  • Re: What got you to wake up?

    Yes, it was very casablanca and i respected that.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Adam Magoon on Thu, May 27 2010
Page 1 of 3 (21 items) 1 2 3 Next > | More Search Options