  • Re: Consumption and productivity in a free market

    Thurs. 12/07/05 12:12 EDT . post #204 [quote user="z1235"] Voluntary (inter)actions reflect the subjective valuations of each participant in the economy. Each voluntary exchange makes both parties better off and, as such, is the "atom" of wealth creation (satisfaction of wants).[/quote]To your felicitous metaphor, I offer a slight
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MMMark on Thu, Jul 5 2012
  • Re: charging interest in a system with a gold standard

    Wed. 12/07/04 22:14 EDT . post #203 [quote user="copycat042"] I appreciate everyone's replies. This has allowed me to solidify some concepts that had vexed me.[/quote]Thanks for the acknowledgment and feedback!
    Posted to General (Forum) by MMMark on Wed, Jul 4 2012
  • Re: Consumption and productivity in a free market

    Wed. 12/07/04 21:13 EDT . post #202 Another way to answer your question is to try this thought experiment: Imagine the Total Redistributive State, the purpose of which is to make everyone, everywhere, at all times, financially equal. Incomes must be equal. Net worth must be equal. Profits and losses must be equal. The state has the power to transfer
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MMMark on Wed, Jul 4 2012
  • Re: Casual Sex

    Wed. 12/07/04 20:53 EDT . post #201 [quote user="Gero"] Is she right? Overlooking anything?[/quote]To answer this, we must first understand what she is saying. Stripped of all the diversionary, irrelevant psychobabble, what she is saying distills to this: "The man you're dating won't marry you unless he's already interested
    Posted to General (Forum) by MMMark on Wed, Jul 4 2012
  • Re: Consumption and productivity in a free market

    Wednesday, July 04, 2012 19:51 EDT . post #200 [quote user="jodiphour"] However, can someone explain it in a more "basic" way without too many assumptions? The situation: The govt takes weatlh ("value", money, etc) from one party and gives it to another party. The question: Why is this much much ("blind throwing of
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MMMark on Wed, Jul 4 2012
  • Re: Help recording lectures to CD-Rs?

    Tues. 12/07/03 14:13 EDT . post #199 [quote user="ThatOldGuy"] Thanks for the assistance, but I'm probably going to go with an audio jack. It seems like the easiest to do of all the options and it provides what I want.[/quote]You're welcome, and thanks for responding. Let us know how it all works out.
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by MMMark on Tue, Jul 3 2012
  • Re: Help recording lectures to CD-Rs?

    Tues. 12/07/03 13:23 EDT . post #198 [quote user="ThatOldGuy"] I want to make a playlist of lectures I could play in the car on the way to work.[/quote]Okay. Assuming these lectures currently reside as files on your computer's hard drive, tell us what the format of these files is: .wav, or .mp3? [quote user="ThatOldGuy"]Which
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by MMMark on Tue, Jul 3 2012
  • Re: Why blacks were freed and women received equal rights?

    Tues. 12/07/03 12:35 EDT . post #197 Okay, now to get back to your question, which was [quote user="John James"] What is even your point?[/quote]You asked this with regard to what I said here ; I said:[quote user="MMMark"]Would a woman who exhibits more "masculine" interests (such as conversance with war history, for example
    Posted to History (Forum) by MMMark on Tue, Jul 3 2012
  • Re: Why blacks were freed and women received equal rights?

    Tues. 12/07/03 00:13 EDT . post #196 [quote user="John James"] Then why did you suggest it?[/quote]I didn't, although you seem to have inferred it. [quote user="John James"]What is even your point?[/quote]John, I must go to bed, sorry. Go back and re-read what I wrote. After I re-read what I wrote, I'll try to answer this
    Posted to History (Forum) by MMMark on Mon, Jul 2 2012
  • Re: Why blacks were freed and women received equal rights?

    Mon. 12/07/02 23:55 EDT . post #195 [quote user="John James"] I don't think Carolla is saying women should learn more about history because it would make them more "masculine".[/quote]I also don't think Carolla is saying that. [quote user="John James"](In fact I've never before in my life heard anyone suggest
    Posted to History (Forum) by MMMark on Mon, Jul 2 2012
Page 5 of 24 (234 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options