  • Re: Suppression of interest rates

    Quote: "But now the central bank comes in and provides free money for people, can this then suppress market interest rates forever or will interest rates rise on the market in order to take into account the increased money supply and subsequent inflationary loss?" What does "free money for people" mean? That anybody can go and ask
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by soe on Mon, Mar 5 2012
  • Re: Govt debt and trade deficit

    Maybe he meant this: Foreign savers are lending US dollars. So they first have to obtain some USD. This is eventually done by selling goods/services to the US, that is, by increasing imports (from the point of view of the US), thus increasing the trade deficit at that time period.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by soe on Tue, Aug 30 2011
  • Re: Being anti-abortion is so unlibertarian!

    Laurence Vance in this article is discussing the question whether being anti-abortion / pro-life is unlibertarian. Quote from the article: " Killing someone is the ultimate form of aggression. Especially a helpless, defenseless fetus that is only guilty of suddenly waking up in a womb. " ... " So again I ask: Why should it be considered
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by soe on Tue, Aug 30 2011
  • Re: Is shadow stats a reliable source ?

    What do you think about this article re. shadowstats inflation stats? http://econologos.wordpress.com/2011/05/15/the-absurdity-of-shadowstats-inflation-estimates/#more-10 Quote: For 2005-2010, CPI-U says cumulative inflation was 13.4%, ShadowStats claims it was 60%. For 2000-2010, CPI-U says 28.7%, Williams says 144.7%. For 1990-2010, CPI-U says 73
    Posted to General (Forum) by soe on Sun, May 22 2011
  • Re: Austrian missing GOLD???

    How much from those 975 billion was spent on real education ? Education is important - too important to be managed by the state. And that gold is just a mineral? Then a good study book is just a paper.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by soe on Fri, Apr 15 2011
  • Re: Economic questions and history of economic thought.

    May I suggest you a book The School of Salamanca by Marjorie Grice-Hutchinson. The pdf is available at mises.org. It is a small book, 150 pages. It has brief analysis of history of economic thought, especially regarding theory of value and just price, origin of money, etc.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by soe on Wed, Jan 26 2011
  • Re: How Do You Know, Rothbard?

    I think he actually gives some arguments for that in his analysis of suply and demand in MES. I can't check it right now, will look tomorow.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by soe on Wed, Jan 26 2011
  • Re: Artwork depicting the marketplace

    Painting by Dominik Skutecky. I cannot find it in better resolution.
    Posted to General (Forum) by soe on Mon, Jan 17 2011
  • Re: Do Any Non-Austrians Have a Significant Impact on Your Worldview?

    Fyodor Mikhaylovich Dostoevsky, who defended natural law and opposed moral relativism.
    Posted to General (Forum) by soe on Thu, Sep 16 2010
  • Re: Wages in the 19th Century

    There is a book called Wages and Labor Markets in the United States, 1820-1860 By Robert A. Margo. I haven't read the book, but you can read a review here: http://mises.org/journals/qjae/pdf/qjae4_1_6.pdf Maybe it could be helpful.
    Posted to History (Forum) by soe on Thu, Sep 16 2010
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options