  • To the 16 year old doing report on Civil War

    Sorry I searched but could not find your original question. A GREAT mises audio you need to listen to; Why the Empire must die - John V Denson. Under the Bannkruptcy of American Politics. I think the second half is exactly what you are loking for. Starts with the Tariff of abomination in 1828 and goes from there. Excellent stuff Good luck
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mike on Wed, Mar 24 2010
  • Re: Some Fundamentals of the Austrian View.

    Personally I think people with the smarts to understand this stuff are the cause of all our problems... kidding of course, I think
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mike on Wed, Mar 24 2010
  • Re: Making A Comic About Economics

    Great idea. we need as much info out there as we can get. how about instead of an economist, a child is the hero and uses his innocence ( non brainwashed mind) to think through issues logically etc. also personally i would not use terms like free market or capitalism- with words like that you guarantee a market of the choir only.IMHO
    Posted to General (Forum) by Mike on Tue, Mar 23 2010
  • Re: Everyday economic illiteracy

    I thought FDR tried to pass a 100% tax on all incomes over 25000. when/where these cuts they speak of?? And personally I agree - that is exactly what the gobment should have done instead of the bailouts- give the money BACK to the people whose it was to begin with. Do you disagree??
    Posted to General (Forum) by Mike on Tue, Mar 23 2010
  • will the Health Bill increase health disparity of rich/poor?

    Dwelling on this subject as I have been, this thought came to mind My wife and I have decided that we will start living healthier - we do not want to need to use their system ( at least as little as possible). Will the other producers in society make the same rational choice of more health - while the newly insured will be more likely to increase wreckless
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Mike on Tue, Mar 23 2010
  • Re: A concern on Outsourcing............

    Dave I think your (and many Libterians) idea of unhampered immigration is totally wrong headed. UNLESS the welfare state is ended. Otherwise all we do is guarantee an army of people demanding more free stuff from the producers. as great as a free society is you can not accept all of its tenants until you do indeed have a free society first.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mike on Tue, Mar 23 2010
  • Re: Some Fundamentals of the Austrian View.

    kalinz, Thanks for the info. It is good to know. I am not on your level of knowledge or smarts… so I won’t say much. My post was to Dave though, I thought he explained the subjective theory of value ( the ice cream) and some other AE theories so a child mind ( like me) could understand. I am going to sit back and learn. The only thing I
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mike on Tue, Mar 23 2010
  • Re: Some Fundamentals of the Austrian View.

    Smiling Dave you tha man I think you may have explained AE better and more simply than I have heard previously. what is your proffesion if you do not mind me asking.. Thanks
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mike on Tue, Mar 23 2010
  • Inflation or Deflation – we don’t know for sure – how do we protect our money

    It doesn’t matter if you think there will be massive inflation or deflation; both views are valid today. I would like a financial plan that protects regardless, is that possible?? I already own gold/silver (stocks and bullion) and some resource stocks. No credit card debt. But feel insecure with money invested in US or EU or emerging markets.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mike on Tue, Mar 23 2010
  • Re: Why aren't there more liberals on here?

    I am new to this forum ( but more than 5 years on the site) and I thought the same thing. While I agree with the theory of anarchy, I find it utopian. I believe the only chance at this time to get closer to liberty is small steps. As someone once said, "if there were a button I would push it". I am kind of disapointed in the all or nothing
    Posted to General (Forum) by Mike on Thu, Feb 11 2010
Page 18 of 20 (194 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > | More Search Options