  • Re: Public School Bans Students From Bringing Lunches from Home

    It isn't a hard fix. Just keep packing lunches for your kids. Throw it in their bag. When lunch comes around, they eat it, get caught, get in trouble, but get praised when they come home. Repeat until the school gives up. What will they do? Give kids detention all day, every day? Arrest the parents for making a bologna sandwich? Okay, they might
    Posted to General (Forum) by Valject on Wed, Apr 13 2011
  • Re: Austrian Economics Professor Dr. Morgan Reynolds Interviewed on 911,No Planes Etc.

    That little animated image is self-defeating as far as the argument about the tail staying centered int he frame. The camera is clearly moving with the plane and relative to the backdrop. You can see quite clearly in the first picture that there is more space to the right side of the building at the end of the video than at the beginning. That's
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by Valject on Wed, Apr 13 2011
  • Re: 6 year old girl groped then drug tested by TSA

    S'different because they have a badge and they're only doing it out of paranoia that someone might be smuggling a bomb in your child's crotch. Totally different. Pedophiles aren't necessarily psychotic, you see.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Valject on Tue, Apr 12 2011
  • An Unexpected Reading

    Apparently someone net-wanderer found my parody of the Zeitgeist manifesto and recorded a reading on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTpp6t0fTJ4#400904 Thanks to Drew for the link. The surprising thing is that, similar to my original posting of this parody to the Mises forums, judging by the comments accompanying the video, the guy reading it
    Posted to General (Forum) by Valject on Sat, Apr 2 2011
  • Re: Reaction to Liberty Dollar Verdict

    Service coupons with no expiration attached to specific services or goods would have been the sneakier route, though more difficult to implement, but I applaud nonetheless. At any rate, there's more than one market that the government hates to see private competition in, and there are already many intelligent people putting forth their best efforts
    Posted to General (Forum) by Valject on Sat, Apr 2 2011
  • Re: Love it or Leave it argument

    There's a great response. Find out the opponent's political standing, and then start talking about how great X politician, who is on the opposite end of the spectrum, is. They cannot raise an argument against you without contradicting the "love it or leave it" platform.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Valject on Wed, Mar 30 2011
  • Re: Get a whole of this debate???

    I don't think the aggressive attitude in this thread is conducive to discussion. (Cool. But I do.) For starters, swearing at him, calling him names, etc. will lead readers to believe our (the austrian/libertarian) stance is logically unsound and we have to resort appealing to riddicule in order to win an argument. (Will it? My opinion is different
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Valject on Wed, Mar 30 2011
  • Re: Evidence

    If you mean to say that evidence consists of those things that cause people to come to conclusions, and that, depending on the person, the conclusion will be different, that is certainly true. Evidence does not mean the same thing as proof, though the terms tend to be used interchangeably.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Valject on Wed, Mar 30 2011
  • Re: Anyone ever been called inconsistent?

    It's vexing, but many people simply don't use their critical thinking skills enough to divulge what is being said. They hear a metaphor or an analogy half the time, and take it literally without thinking about what contrast or comparison was being made. Or they misinterpret wildly because they have one set of ideals in their mind and...not that
    Posted to General (Forum) by Valject on Wed, Mar 30 2011
  • Re: Get a whole of this debate???

    Hello again! It's been a while, but i'm back! :p (Yes. You're here, posting this, courtesy of the profits that helped provide you with internet access. Not just yours. The profits of MANY. O: ) I've just published a text on my blog wich might interest you. I think we could translate the title this way : " Sketch of a liberal-egalitarian
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Valject on Tue, Mar 29 2011
Page 5 of 23 (222 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options