  • Re: Response From Anarcho-Communist

    "Radical leftists... can you find me one who doesn't answer in giant blocky paragraph form?" Can you prove that every argument someone makes about their view can be done with snappy, one-sentence retorts?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Valject on Thu, Feb 17 2011
  • Re: Caramel Coloring in Colas Cancer Causing

    Cool.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Valject on Thu, Feb 17 2011
  • Re: Ignorance

    Sell your brother's car, then give him the money. I mean, how would that be stealing? You paid him for it.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Valject on Thu, Feb 17 2011
  • Re: Education Cost as Much as an Internet Connection

    "No. I mean that being qualified to work on cars does not automatically result in you working on cars. Your qualification and the assessment by others of your productivity are different matters in general." You...realize I was agreeing with you, right? How in the world were you interpreting what I said?
    Posted to General (Forum) by Valject on Thu, Feb 10 2011
  • Re: Education Cost as Much as an Internet Connection

    What, you mean I don't have to be able to recite and analyze Sonnet 18 to work on cars? The devil, you say!
    Posted to General (Forum) by Valject on Thu, Feb 10 2011
  • Re: High School Lesson Plans for Great Depression

    "I didn't mean to imply that kids are dumb--far from it. My point is that economics is a discipline that requires years of training to master. A high school student probably does not know enough economics to get a PhD in the subject." Probably, but it is not impossible that they could. The logic is easy, and then there's some math
    Posted to History (Forum) by Valject on Thu, Feb 10 2011
  • Re: High School Lesson Plans for Great Depression

    "There's also the option of realizing that there's no way that high school students could ever possibly understand the economics of the Great Depression, as it is still a controversial subject among real economists. Anything they believe about the Great Depression must be essentially religion. Perhaps the best thing to do is to expose them
    Posted to History (Forum) by Valject on Thu, Feb 10 2011
  • Re: Education Cost as Much as an Internet Connection

    Youtube alone can teach you more about computer programming, playing music, planting flowers, etc, and do so more effectively than any teacher with a room full of students. Plus, it's easier to rewind, and you can work at your own pace. It takes only dedication. And that's one site. One. With the benefit that, when you need reference material
    Posted to General (Forum) by Valject on Thu, Feb 10 2011
  • Re: Pretend I'm stupid

    "I've been told An-Cap is Capitalism without regulation, I've been told my body is property. What's stopping someone from buying property?" I don't know...perhaps the seller could decide to not sell? It's a stretch, I know. Just say "no". "Okay they can quit their job... now what are they going to do starve
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by Valject on Mon, Feb 7 2011
  • Re: Pretend I'm stupid

    "I'm unfamiliar with Calvinism, do enlighten me. Most of my education comes from the First Internationals. As an aside why are you guys called ANARCHO-capitalists anyway, I see no bearing to actual Anarchy?" The very first of several definitions of "anarchy" given by Merriam-Webster is "absence of government".
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by Valject on Mon, Feb 7 2011
Page 8 of 23 (222 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options