  • Re: Pretend I'm stupid

    "Wait I thought we just said that a person's body was property why can't I buy that, are you already instituting regulations? An employer owns the means of production, an employee works them. The employer estimates the value of the employees labour, and pays him less, that is the source of profit, exploitation." Glaring problem, though
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by Valject on Mon, Feb 7 2011
  • Re: Pretend I'm stupid

    "So what about when the employer is in possession of the employees body during wage-slavery? He's free to exploit him in anyway he deems fit then since he's purchased that persons time right? Like he doesn't have to bother securing the workplace to be free of pollution or other hazards then." Well, there would have to be a law
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by Valject on Mon, Feb 7 2011
  • Re: Pretend I'm stupid

    "Absolute liberty like the liberty to rape?" Absolutely. You see, in order for there to NOT be the liberty to rape, rules would have to be applied, governing people's lives. This is where the idea of non-authoritativeness really shines, however. You see, we have rules against rape. And in an anarcho-capitalist society, people could easily
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by Valject on Mon, Feb 7 2011
  • Re: Pretend I'm stupid

    "What's the bottom line of "anarcho"-capitalism? I'm referring to things like liberty equality solidarity etc etc etc. What is this system trying to achieve." The system does not try to achieve anything. In fact, the only real system in place in such a society is whatever each individual decides to do. Proponents of the system
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by Valject on Mon, Feb 7 2011
  • Re: Where Do These People Get Off Calling Themselves Libertarians?

    Jesus H. Mohammed Buddha...So what's more important to you, Rick? To live in a free society, or that everyone agrees with you? Because if you think that a libertarian world automatically means that there won't be people who have other ideas, or that everyone in such a world would know by instinct all libertarian ideas, I cannot possible laud
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Valject on Mon, Feb 7 2011
  • Re: How to refute this argument

    "The labour time socially necessary is that required to produce an article under the normal conditions of production, and with the average degree of skill and intensity prevalent at the time. The introduction of power-looms into England probably reduced by one-half the labour required to weave a given quantity of yarn into cloth. The hand-loom
    Posted to General (Forum) by Valject on Sun, Feb 6 2011
  • Re: Is this possible or how is it impossible?

    Well, the issues at hand: If you already own them, why would you buy them? How would that help you raise the price? You still have to set a price for the initial sell, so this is really creating an extra step. Just sell for more if you think you can get more. If you are buying them BACK from others, when the mass buyout is perceived, the price is going
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Valject on Sun, Feb 6 2011
  • Re: How to refute this argument

    (We already have labor vouchers. They're called "paychecks". No, they're currency not labour vouchers.) I thought it was rather funny. (But if you are suggesting vouchers for amount of labor hours put in, how do you take into account what types of labor are worth more? Socially necessary labour time + perceived unpopularity (determined
    Posted to General (Forum) by Valject on Sat, Feb 5 2011
  • Re: How to refute this argument

    "No, a gift economy is not the same as a barter economy. Labour vouchers are a possible mechanism for distribution." We already have labor vouchers. They're called "paychecks". But if you are suggesting vouchers for amount of labor hours put in, how do you take into account what types of labor are worth more? Who is deciding
    Posted to General (Forum) by Valject on Sat, Feb 5 2011
  • Re: How to refute this argument

    ("Correct. Part ownership means exactly : part ownership in all assets and part responsibility in all liabilities of the entity owned. What's silly about this?") This implies that no one can make a decision about what to do with any asset. For instance, you have a pressure washer. You, and five other people. No, make it simple. One other
    Posted to General (Forum) by Valject on Sat, Feb 5 2011
Page 9 of 23 (222 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options