  • Re: Centralized Action

    [quote user="Stranger"] Unified for what? Purpose come naturally. That is why alliances exist. But that does not mean the allied are unified. [/quote] Right, people can be allied in a common purpose but not necessarily unified. It's the difference between trying to stab a hole in a piece of cardboard with a baseball bat and trying to stab
    Posted to General (Forum) by Chris on Mon, Mar 15 2010
  • Re: Centralized Action

    [quote user="Stranger"] Centralized groups are easy to defeat; they offer one big target to focus on. Decentralized groups are impossible to defeat. [/quote] It would have been more appropriate to call it "Unified Action" or "United Action". Even a group that is dispersed must be unified and of common purpose.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Chris on Sun, Mar 14 2010
  • Re: Centralized Action

    [quote user="Sage"] This is a great idea. Have you listened to Long's " Culture and Liberty " lecture? (see especially starting at ~60:00) Btw, the link to your facebook group seems to be broken. [/quote] No I haven't heard that lecture before - I'm going to check it out as soon as I get a chance! Here's the link
    Posted to General (Forum) by Chris on Sun, Mar 14 2010
  • Re: Centralized Action

    [quote user="ClaytonB"]Also, I think we have to keep in mind that statism is rooted in the (misplaced) belief in centralization, whereas sound social science teaches that the real power of human society lies in uncoordinated action, that is, spontaneous order. This is one of the central tenets of Austrian theory. Spontaneous order is the only
    Posted to General (Forum) by Chris on Sun, Mar 14 2010
  • Re: The snake that ate itself

    [quote user="Jackson LaRose"]That would weed out the half-hearted wannabes rather quickly.[/quote] Lol. At the very least they'd be completely new people when it's all over!
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Chris on Wed, Feb 24 2010
  • Re: Dealing with Hopelessness

    [quote user="Jackson LaRose"] [quote user="Chris"]Dude that Hicks video was great!![/quote] Which one? [/quote] The one that was over an hour.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Chris on Wed, Feb 24 2010
  • Re: Dealing with Hopelessness

    Dude that Hicks video was great!!
    Posted to General (Forum) by Chris on Tue, Feb 23 2010
  • Re: The snake that ate itself

    I actually thought about making the "snake that eats itself" as the symbol for an organization I'm starting called The Justice League (like the comic book.) I don't think government will provide funding for psychological services - it seems more likely to fund better ways to sedate people into working zombies. The government doesn't
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Chris on Tue, Feb 23 2010
  • Re: Centralized Action

    You say spontaneous order is the only real order - but what about when we know without doubt the causes of certain things? Couldn't we then quicken the process by shaping our actions according to those causes? You must know as well as I do that we don't exactly live in accord with the "natural order" of things so to speak. Our actions
    Posted to General (Forum) by Chris on Tue, Feb 23 2010
  • Re: Centralized Action

    Thanks for the links - I'll definitely check them out when I get a chance. What do you think of this idea in principle (which I'm sure someone else has come up with this idea before)? I welcome any constructive criticism or opposition so feel free!
    Posted to General (Forum) by Chris on Tue, Feb 23 2010
Page 1 of 2 (15 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options