  • Re: Get a hold of this debate???

    The forum software here is a bit screwy sometimes, I've had some significant problems myself in the past. I'm pretty sure there isn't any sort of "approval" period for posts, so I think maybe it's a technical problem? If you've got something, try posting it again. I recently had trouble with trying to post from a text file
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Terrigan on Thu, Mar 31 2011
  • Re: Get a hold of this debate???

    [quote user="Yanick Toutain"] Since the end of December 2010, André Shi-Franc pretends to share our ideas, our analysis, our program. An appearance that his later writings come to shatter. [/quote] Good gravy, it's like watching the November revolution, only with significantly more parents' basements.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Terrigan on Wed, Mar 30 2011
  • Re: Get a whole of this debate???

    Read the whole thread. Seriously, we've tried the logical approach already. My first few responses were thus. At this point, he's calling for violent subjugation of those who don't wish to join his "voluntary" society, though he doesn't like to put it that way. Honestly, I'm more interested in milking the ridiculous statements
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Terrigan on Tue, Mar 29 2011
  • Re: Get a whole of this debate???

    Sketch of a liberal-egalitarian, how to overcome the modern paradigms. (Sketch of a foolish design of a totalitarian state, where the state simply isn't called the state! Newspeak at its best! Double-plus good!) We claim of liberal egalitarianism, and it's not for nothing! Economically, we are 'Liberal' because we accept the law of the
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Terrigan on Mon, Mar 28 2011
  • Re: Get a whole of this debate???

    [quote user="unionrevolte"]I assure you that the economic domination will be surpass worlwidely by the ones you call "poor" and "unable to take care of themselves". That day, they will become able to take care of themselves and will no more be poor.[/quote]emphasis mine There it is, the gun to our heads. Thanks for showing
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Terrigan on Fri, Mar 4 2011
  • Re: Collective Bargaining is a "Right"

    In one of the two articles, de Jasay mentions that, without the presumption of liberty, the notion of liberty becomes less coherent and difficult to define. How do you argue the existence of specific freedoms (e.g. the freedom to dispose of one's property in some collection of conventionally accepted methods) with someone who denies the presumption
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Terrigan on Mon, Feb 28 2011
  • Re: Get a hold of this debate???

    Unionrevolte, Half the time you sound like you're advocating some kind of stateless free market system, and the other half of the time, you posit the existence of social institutions that require the existence of a massive, coercively-funded surveillance state. 1) You advocate giving equal "economic power" to all individuals. The only
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Terrigan on Mon, Feb 28 2011
  • Re: Collective Bargaining is a "Right"

    Mr. Moore, First off, you've used circular logic. You say that a tort is an interference with liberty, so interference with liberty is a tort. Your point about proving a negative, though true, doesn't help in explaining why this isn't circular, it's basically a non-sequitur. Second, perhaps my omission of the word "own" from
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Terrigan on Mon, Feb 28 2011
  • Re: Collective Bargaining is a "Right"

    Mr. Moore, Why is it a tort to interfere with liberty or property without a specific reason? Whatever complex argument you provide can, with proper definitions, be reduced to the sentence, "Because one has a right to liberty/property." That was the point I was trying to make. As long as you and I can agree on a definition of "rights,"
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Terrigan on Mon, Feb 28 2011
  • Re: The best argument agains Austrian economics

    Even worse, I could, as a proponent of the Austrian school, claim that, while its tenets discourage the use of such approximations and models, the school, by its ruthlessly deductive nature, also promotes deep out-of-the-box thinking, thus making the Austrian school a contributor and a detractor. In the end, it comes down to--wait for it--a subjective
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Terrigan on Sun, Feb 27 2011
Page 1 of 4 (40 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | More Search Options