  • Re: On the minimum wage: is it even an issue?

    Not all industries hire equal numbers of minimum wage workers, though, and some just export the jobs. For example, the programming industry would be largely unaffected since most involved get paid significantly more than $18 an hour, but the service industry, especially restaurants, would be hit hard by a huge minimum wage increase, so they'd either
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by My Buddy on Tue, Mar 19 2013
  • Re: The Mentality of the 'New Libertarian'

    Stupid forum wrecked my longer post >< Anyway, I think you seem to be missing the "cause" versus the "effect". There are three situations where the black market is strong: when the economy, or sector (drugs in the US for example) is literally strangled by tight control, when the state is already too weak to enforce it's
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by My Buddy on Sat, Feb 9 2013
  • Re: The Mentality of the 'New Libertarian'

    lol no its not, we are talking about black markets. supply in white markets is severly limited by the state in some cases, yes. not so in black markets, the price settles and the market clears. when effective demand increases supply quickly (and I mean QUICKLY) follows suit. The free market is efficient, it isn't magic . The costs of complying to
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by My Buddy on Fri, Feb 8 2013
  • Re: The Mentality of the 'New Libertarian'

    I think you need to step back a minute and think about this, youre not making much sense. first of all, the state literally doesnt even exist, its just a fiction. so when you talk about the state pillaging me, you actually mean an agent of the state depriving me of property (like sales tax). so thats where the white marketeer actually supports the state
[...]

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | More Search Options