  • Did the Obama administration ever change the way unemployment is calculated?

    Is there any evidence that the Obama administration has further changed the way unemployment is calculated (to make the numbers look better)?
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Phriend on Sat, Oct 4 2014
  • What are your thoughts on "pay what you wish" business models?

    What do you think of "pay what you wish" business models? In a business sense, do you think they work better or worse than the standard pricing models? ( Panera Bread started opening "pay what you wish" stores a few years ago, and they have said that their profits there are similar to their regular stores).
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Phriend on Mon, Sep 10 2012
  • Re: Where Should I Expatriate To?

    This thread has been utterly ruined.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Phriend on Mon, Apr 2 2012
  • Re: Where Should I Expatriate To?

    Thank you... though I heard Costa Rica is no longer cheap due to the fact that so many expats have now moved there. Is anyone able to confirm (or refute) this?
    Posted to General (Forum) by Phriend on Sun, Apr 1 2012
  • Re: Where Should I Expatriate To?

    Thank you for the info... though I am primarily looking for countries located in the Caribbean or Central America.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Phriend on Sun, Apr 1 2012
  • Where Should I Expatriate To?

    I'm starting to think more seriously about expatriating from the United States... and I would really like to relocate to the Caribbean or to Central America (or Mexico). That said, do you know of any countries in this region that are on the rise? Which countries in this region do you think might be best to expatriate to? (Some considerations: Safety
    Posted to General (Forum) by Phriend on Sun, Apr 1 2012
  • Anyone Live in California?

    For those of you who live in California, could you please tell me why you do? My sister lives in Los Angeles and I would really like to move out there. That said, I fear that the high taxes, high regulations, and high cost of living will drive me crazy ! So... why do you live in California? Is it just because your family lives there? Do the 300 days
    Posted to General (Forum) by Phriend on Wed, May 4 2011
  • What Exactly is a "Crisis"?

    Hi everyone, A friend of mine is writing a paper at the University of Georgia and he recently asked me: "From the perspective of the Austrian school, what constitutes a (housing, economic, whatever) crisis? I don't mean the general feeling of panic or anxiety, but what precisely is (and is not) a crisis?" So what do you guys think? From
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Phriend on Wed, Dec 1 2010
  • Why So Much Anti-Copyright Rhetoric??

    Hi friends, The idea of having a "legal copyright" seems to be crusaded against pretty heavily in libertarian circles. Could someone please explain this to me? It seems odd to me that I should just be able to copy someone else's music or writings -- and perhaps even profit by selling these things which I did not work to create! Why is
    Posted to General (Forum) by Phriend on Sat, Apr 17 2010
  • Re: Do Day Traders Serve Any Useful Purpose?

    [quote user="krazy kaju"] Yeah, like any other speculator, they buy low and sell high, thereby balancing out prices of stocks during the day. [/quote] What would happen if they were not there to balance out prices during the day? Would their absence cause any harm to our economy? (Wouldn't prices balance even if they weren't making
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Phriend on Sun, Mar 14 2010
Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options