  • I'm making a comic again. This time I have a script. Your not going to like it.

    The views in my comic script probably don't match the Austrian perspective, but this community has been friendly in the past. It's based on the views of Arthur Kitson with a mention of Henry George at the end. Would be interested in any corrections or edits you might add to it. It is editable so feel free to go at it - https://docs.google.com
    Posted to General (Forum) by Cade Halada on Thu, Mar 1 2012
  • Re: Making A Comic About Economics

    @trulib The guy doesn't represent anyone. I just drew a random guy in there. The symbol on his chest is peace symbol. No idea why I put that in there either. Sorry the next page hasn't been posted yet. Been kind of busy with taxes, bachelor party, and getting ready for my wedding. Kind of stuck a little on the script as well, but I go with something
    Posted to General (Forum) by Cade Halada on Fri, Apr 16 2010
  • Re: Making A Comic About Economics

    [quote user="Michael J Green"]For instance, you introduce (the potentially cocky) Super Duper man; perhaps, after vanquishing the toxic beast, the two notice that the attack resulted in a broken window. Economics Man mourns the destruction, but that old lunkhead Super Duper man thinks there's an upside![/quote] I really like that idea
    Posted to General (Forum) by Cade Halada on Wed, Apr 7 2010
  • Re: Making A Comic About Economics

    @xahrx - A cool idea. Sounds a lot like the book by Hazlitt called "Time Will Run Back" but the opposite. I haven't read that book but have been meaning too. I think the idea would be cool to do but probably as a comic separate from this one. My brother read your idea and got completely into it. He said the government guy should have what
    Posted to General (Forum) by Cade Halada on Tue, Apr 6 2010
  • Re: Making A Comic About Economics

    Thanks wilderness. I know what you mean with the abstraction. That will be tough to do with the information I'm using. I'll try to think of something. My hope is that the information is accurate enough to give people an intro to economics and enlighten them to how government policies affect them and what is really happening when they are put
    Posted to General (Forum) by Cade Halada on Tue, Apr 6 2010
  • Re: Making A Comic About Economics

    Page 4 finished. Next page will start talking about government policies like public works.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Cade Halada on Tue, Apr 6 2010
  • Re: Why healthcare costs so much

    Thanks for the info guys. Really liked the stossel video. Very informative. I liked how stossel brought up how health insurance works and his analogy "What if you had food insurance? Wouldn't you get steak instead of hamburger and as much of it as you want?" I'll definitely be using that analogy.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Cade Halada on Wed, Mar 31 2010
  • Re: Making A Comic About Economics

    Here is page 3 finished @Conza88 - I liked your wording better. Thanks. @Smiling Dave - I think your ideas would be great for a comic, but I'm also trying to teach the common person more about economics so I'm trying to make the examples a little more grounded in reality. The first two pages were really just a hook to get the reader going. That
    Posted to General (Forum) by Cade Halada on Wed, Mar 31 2010
  • Re: Making A Comic About Economics

    Hey guys, Here is a link to the sketch with words for the third page. http://www.cadeh.com/3sketch.jpg This is where the real lesson starts. I was hoping someone could look it over and make sure I'm accurate here with the info before I finish the page to make sure none of the wording needs to be corrected. Otherwise I will just go with it. The fourth
    Posted to General (Forum) by Cade Halada on Tue, Mar 30 2010
  • Re: Why healthcare costs so much

    @NewLiberty. Looks like your familiar with Human Action by Mises. I'm fairly new to the economics side of things so I'm not sure I want to tackle that book. Thank you for the explanation. Makes a lot of sense. I guess that means hospitals are not privately run then. Or are they just regulated to death? @Caley. I didn't think of that. Your
    Posted to General (Forum) by Cade Halada on Fri, Mar 26 2010
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options