  • Theory of contracts and free services such as Gmail

    I was re-reading the Ethics of Liberty and I'm starting to have second thoughts about Rothbard's theory of contracts especially when considered in light of Kinsella's view of intellectual property. Rothbard argues that contracts are only enforceable when breaking them amounts to implicit theft (p. 172, chapter 19, Ethics of Liberty) and
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by jefftravishenderson on Wed, Apr 1 2009
  • Re: A question for anarchists

    [quote user="Trianglechoke7"] Jeff, thanks for the answer. Could you give me a specific answer as to whether or not a parent should be allowed to give their child meth, at say 9 years of age? Let's assume that the child has learned about drugs in school, and has asked the parent for it. [/quote] I think the answer is no, parents should
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by jefftravishenderson on Mon, Oct 29 2007
  • Re: A question for anarchists

    I can relate to this worry. This is no doubt the trickiest area in libertarian theory. Before I jumped ship and became and became an anarchist, I emailed Bob Murphy a very similar problem involving sex. He forwarded the question to some others, and I found Roderick Long's answer somewhat compelling at the time and even moreso now: "'I'm
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by jefftravishenderson on Mon, Oct 29 2007
  • Re: A Trespassing Scenario

    Walter Block mentions this problem in his talk "Plumb Line Libertarianiam" available here: http://www.mises.org/mp3/ASC8/ASCRoth.mp3 Fast forward to 18:45 He claims that it's a problem of implicit contracts, but I'm not sure if that holds in your example because no voluntary trade has taken place.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by jefftravishenderson on Sun, Oct 21 2007
  • Question about Mises University

    I looked around the site, but I couldn't find the answer to this. Is Mises University "accredited"? Does the student walk away with course credit that can count towards his degree? If so, how much?
    Posted to General (Forum) by jefftravishenderson on Wed, Oct 10 2007
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | More Search Options