  • Re: The Moral Basis for Intellectual Property

    [quote]I would have no obligation to testify against the thief, nor to allow access to my property if he were hiding on it.[/quote] Property used to break the non-aggression principle is no longer under its protection(to a proportional degree).
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Bostwick on Fri, Oct 22 2010
  • Re: The Moral Basis for Intellectual Property

    [quote]]I'd be an awfully big jerk not to give it back to you and then just have the two of us go after the thief, but it's not an obligation under the ethics of non-aggression.[/quote] Yes it is an obligation. By keeping a person from their stolen property you are an accomplice. [quote]Walter Block explains the concept as "negative homesteading"
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Bostwick on Fri, Oct 22 2010
  • Re: Minimum wage video, claiming AE is wrong, with facts to back it up

    What's wrong with it? Everything. "We actually found absolutely no evidence of any kind of disemployment effect in other words jobs being killed when the minimum wage went up...As I said the short and the long run effects were actually negliable." Immediately after denying correlation, he admits to correlation. The study included only
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bostwick on Wed, Oct 13 2010
  • Re: Some choice quotes from anarcho-capitalists (from the Mises Forum)

    He links to my profile, but I don't believe any of those quotes are actually mine. I feel left out. http://polycentricorder.blogspot.com/2008/12/why-i-dislike-hoppeans-and-libertarian.html
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Bostwick on Wed, Oct 13 2010
  • Re: Abraham Lincoln the Dictator

    [quote]Is that statistic true? I'd heard that, but I wasn't sure if more people were really killed in the Civil War alone than all other wars we've had.[/quote] More Americans. The American deaths in the civil war outnumber the American deaths in all other wars to present.
    Posted to History (Forum) by Bostwick on Mon, Jul 12 2010
  • Re: Abraham Lincoln the Dictator

    Expelled to the southern States a member of the federal legistature. The OP reminds me a popular saying: Lincoln caused the most dramatic political change this country has seen since the revolution (restructuring its government on a basis other than the voluntary ratification of the Consitution) and killing more Americans than all its other wars combined
    Posted to History (Forum) by Bostwick on Thu, Jul 8 2010
  • Re: Modern Day Slavery and Collegiate Athletics

    If not directly then definately by extension, through the university monopoly.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Bostwick on Sun, Jun 13 2010
  • Re: In case there was any doubt: Israel's story full of holes

    [quote] 'it’ has every right to stop things form going on on its territory, hence to impose embargoes on whatever country it likes, search whichever ship it pleases and shoot whoever it finds to be guilty of anything. [/quote] Not even close. 1) Neither Gaza nor international waters are "part of their terrority". 2) No person or
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Bostwick on Sun, Jun 6 2010
  • Re: Questions to Anarcho-Capitalists

    Block's arguments concerning parasites are valid, I believe his analogy to be biologically false. A human fetus, rather than being a third party invader, is a part of the same body that it resides in. I think people tend to be willing to accept the fetus as a parasite because the egg leaves the ovary before implanting in the uteris. But it is probably
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Bostwick on Wed, Jun 2 2010
  • Re: Questions to Anarcho-Capitalists

    [quote]And I know that this next one will be a painful question - but what is the anarcho-capitalist's stand on abortion?[/quote] All believe that State has no role in it, beyond that there any many opinions. Block's ejectionism seems to be popular, though I don't find it valid.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Bostwick on Wed, Jun 2 2010
Page 2 of 185 (1847 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options