  • Re: Irrational principle of non-violence?

    Well it's rational if your goal is survival. Rationality means the action you take will likely allow you to achieve your goal. Depending on your goal, acting morally may or may not be rationnal. If your goal is to become a famous murdered then obviously acting morally is irrational. Now, ethics can also enlighten you on what goals you should have
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by A.B. on Tue, Mar 4 2008
  • Re: Why Anarcho-Capitalism will Fail

    [quote user="miksirhc"]With any good or service on the free market, the good or service will be successful when it satisfies the needs of the consumer.[/quote] There are no needs, there are only wants. A service is successfull on the market when it is produced for less than consummers are willing to pay. Thus, even though many people may want
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by A.B. on Tue, Feb 26 2008
  • Re: Religious anarchists; please explain

    [quote user="Carl"]The government has basically one function, to persecute with wrath and terror without mercy on evildoers, according to Apostle Paul.[/quote] The government relies on a monopoly of persecuting with wrath and terror without mercy evildoers, to be maintained such a monopoly require persecuting with wrath and terror without
    Posted to General (Forum) by A.B. on Tue, Feb 26 2008
  • Re: A Parallel to Mexican Workers in the USA

    Ron Paul wants to restrict immigration, he is clear about that. He focuses especially on the immigration that is deemed illegal, but that's beside the point. As a constitutionalist, he doesn't seem to realize there's nothing in the constitution granting congress the power to restrict immigration, only naturalization, which makes me think
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by A.B. on Sat, Feb 23 2008
  • Re: A Parallel to Mexican Workers in the USA

    There is a striking confusion in the US between immigration and naturalization.It seems many american can't fathom the idea that immigration does not mean or imply naturalization. Ron Paul in particular seems highly confused on this point.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by A.B. on Sat, Feb 23 2008
  • Re: Perplexed by economics terms

    Saving is deferring present consumption for future consumption. Investing is replacing a certain income with a risky income. The first requires to lower your time preference, the second to lower your risk aversion. Both are necessary for production to happen, although I have the impression Austrians focus much more heavily on the former.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by A.B. on Wed, Feb 20 2008
  • Re: Restrictive Covenants

    This is a practice that worries me a bit. I've given it some thought in the context of anarcho-capitalism and covenant restricting the right to provide law / security. The land that we buy now is not that expensive, from that some economists have concluded that land ownership was not a big issue (David Friedman for example). The problem is that
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by A.B. on Fri, Feb 15 2008
  • Re: Religious anarchists; please explain

    Necessary to what and why?
    Posted to General (Forum) by A.B. on Mon, Oct 8 2007
  • Re: Religious anarchists; please explain

    [quote user="Bogdan"] You will agree with me that the truth value of the propositions of ethics cannot be fundamentally asses trough experimentation or logic [/quote] My position is that human share intrinsinque normative truthes. When I say: we ought not murder other people, I mean it is within human nature to feel compelled not to murder
    Posted to General (Forum) by A.B. on Mon, Oct 8 2007
  • Re: Religious anarchists; please explain

    The only thing the non-observability of something can claim is agnosticism True. The problem is when you say "I am agnostic to God" it generally implies you give some credibility to the hypothesis. I am as agnostic to god as I am to the existence of an invisible boogie monster creeping under my bed. But anyway, I think you're making your
    Posted to General (Forum) by A.B. on Fri, Oct 5 2007
Page 1 of 2 (15 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options