  • Re: Courts in an anarcho-capitalist society?

    I think you're hopping to some pretty unwarranted conclusions, Bostwick. I'm an anarchist. I think the state is immoral. I don't endorse prisons. It seems that either you are making some rather cavalier assumptions here or that you have a highly idiosyncratic understanding of the term "vengeance." Vengeance is simply retributive
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by danieljdavis on Wed, Sep 19 2007
  • Re: Courts in an anarcho-capitalist society?

    [quote user="Ryan_Singer"]Everyone is focusing on the story of the thief, but justice as an ideal is just vengence with window dressing, what really matters is people are compensated for harms.[/quote] What's so bad about vengeance? You're less inclined to mess with someone who holds a grudge.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by danieljdavis on Tue, Sep 18 2007
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | More Search Options