  • Re: The Truth About Killing - Debunking the Hobbesian Myth

    This sounds interesting. But I'd like to point out, the original posters claim that killing is unnatural is very incorrect. Killing is very normal and very human, provided one is in a situation where killing is beneficial. Evolution has created us as killing machines, designed to kill when we can abscond with someone food, women etc. Killing is
    Posted to General (Forum) by PirateRothbard on Sat, Aug 21 2010
  • Re: Defence in anarchy

    I don't think multiple firms are neccesarily more benign than a large regionally dominant firm. One large firm can have a corporate charter than avoids conflict of interests. The firm could have branches of the company, mandated by the corporate charter, labeled the judiciary, executive, legislative. It could also have regional subsidiaries with
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by PirateRothbard on Tue, Jun 22 2010
  • Re: Defence in anarchy

    Along with Walter Block, I hold that inalieable rights can be traded away. Obviously you disagree with this. However it we allow inalieable rights to be traded away, then there is an obvious method to which the contract could be enforced. If you don't pay a fee for security, we will do "x" to you.(X being whatever you agreed as a punishment
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by PirateRothbard on Tue, Jun 22 2010
  • Re: Defence in anarchy

    I suppose we have different visions of how an anarchist society would play out. I suspect one large security company would dominate the regional market, so it would be just as effective as the statist regime is now.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by PirateRothbard on Tue, Jun 22 2010
  • Re: Reply to Block on "evictionism"

    Evictionism falls flat for me. The idea here is that you have a right to commit violence against a fetus because it is trespassing on your property, rather than wait for the fetus to be carried to term. Oh, and one other inconvenient fact, the fetus is trespassing on your body only because you copulated and thus created him. (Unless of course, you were
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by PirateRothbard on Tue, Jun 8 2010
  • Re: Interesting atheist correlation

    That's funny, I actually view JWs as the most libertarian of all the religions. They avoid collaboration with the state more than any other views. . My gut feeling is that devout Muslims are the least libertarian, not that I have any objective metric to measure that. The whole thing with the cartoonist and Theo VG was very scary. Personally I wouldn't
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by PirateRothbard on Thu, May 13 2010
  • Re: Interesting atheist correlation

    Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 A cult of rationality is pretty stupid. However I would love it if someone started a Church of Libertarianism. It could be like the UU church, allowing members to decide on their own whether they believe in God.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by PirateRothbard on Wed, May 12 2010
  • Re: Interesting atheist correlation

    Like I said, no disrespect. I think religion brings people meaning to their lives, I think religion can be wonderful for those who can rationalize that kind of thing.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by PirateRothbard on Mon, May 10 2010
  • Re: Interesting atheist correlation

    "I'd say from my experience athiests are even bigger zealots about not wanting anyone to believe in God" It's an interesting question, I think you may not realize how many atheists are out there because so many just keep it under wraps. I'd suspect if this could be studied, atheists would come out more tolerant than theists but
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by PirateRothbard on Mon, May 10 2010
  • Re: Interesting atheist correlation

    Haha, your mamma's an outlier.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by PirateRothbard on Mon, May 10 2010
Page 1 of 6 (60 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options