  • Reading Suggestions

    I have no background in economics. I just finished reading "The Mystery of Banking", and I found it eye-opening and enjoyable. I would like to know more about both general and liberal economics. Will some of you please suggest what sources I should consider reading?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Pennsuedo on Thu, Sep 27 2007
  • Re: Courts in an anarcho-capitalist society?

    This system sounds like lawyer hell. I do IT for a corporate defense law firm, and I get a pretty good look at how the current legal system works regarding legal contracts between our clients and our clients' clients. The proposed system will replace the government machine with an explosion of additional lawyers, mediations, and trials. Utlimately
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Pennsuedo on Mon, Sep 24 2007
  • Re: Courts in an anarcho-capitalist society?

    [quote user="Ryan_Singer"] [quote user="Pennsuedo"]What is to stop a mass murderer from killing someone nightly to eat from their fridge?[/quote] Insurance, private security protection, and, if needed, guns. [quote user="Pennsuedo"]groups. What is to stop a mass murderer from killing someone nightly to eat from their fridge
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Pennsuedo on Fri, Sep 21 2007
  • Re: Courts in an anarcho-capitalist society?

    [quote user="Ryan_Singer"] I sincerely hope that this was not directed at me. I would never be stupid enough to go through all the time and trouble to buy all of a prestine property like yellowstone park to market it to the small and shrinking crowd of country-club goers. If you would, I hope you use the stock market to raise money so I can
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Pennsuedo on Fri, Sep 21 2007
  • Re: Courts in an anarcho-capitalist society?

    Country clubs and other private organizations already work on a basis similar to this. You are asking for a society where the public domain is made private. Suddenly it will require a $250,000.00 yearly membership due to a club to visit Yellowstone Park. This, of course, will keep the thugs outs. It is being argued that criminals will eventually be
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Pennsuedo on Fri, Sep 21 2007
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | More Search Options