  • Re: Nanocity

    I like how one of the tabs are labeled "master plan." Gives off that good old evil plot feeling...
    Posted to General (Forum) by don_sauvignon on Mon, Nov 5 2007
  • Re: A question for the Minarchists.

    Thanks, I'm going to go for the shortest one when I get a chance, to start out with at least. I don't want to pay for killing millions abroad either. I just wonder how these private security companies will not end up fighting each other for power. I guess I'm a pessimist about any and every system or lack thereof, and was hoping for some
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by don_sauvignon on Mon, Nov 5 2007
  • Re: If FDR Could Be Dragged From The Grave... (Warning: Controversial)

    Uhh... If he could be, we should beat him up and throw him back, prohibition aside...
    Posted to General (Forum) by don_sauvignon on Mon, Nov 5 2007
  • Re: A question for the Minarchists.

    To me these are honest questions. I see nothing that prevents anarchism from being a temporary state (as in "state of being") that would be unsustainable. I'll be the first to admit I'm no genius. Let me say that again, I'll be the first to admit I'm no genius. Yes, there are evil people, and, even basically good people can
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by don_sauvignon on Sun, Nov 4 2007
  • Re: Isolationism

    I find this to be a very interesting discussion, as the ambiguity of labels has bothered me since I discovered the various shades of meaning. I so earnestly wish the words could be defined. I see it as a dangerous destruction of language, as discussed in The New American article, Losing our Language by Dennis Behreandt. "...to put it more plainly
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by don_sauvignon on Sat, Nov 3 2007
  • Re: A question for the Minarchists.

    What would prevent the ganging up of individuals to impose tyranny of the majority in anarchism? Why isn't it be beneficial to render forth part of one's property for the protection of the rest?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by don_sauvignon on Sat, Nov 3 2007
  • Re: Dumping the dollar?

    [quote user="Charles Anthony"] [quote user="zeev"]In 1980, when gold hit $870/oz, silver went above $50/oz, oil was at record highs, interest rates were north of 20%, and dollar was in hyper-inflationary free fall, the feds did something unprecedented. They coerced oil-producing nations to accept only dollars for oil, at all costs
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by don_sauvignon on Sat, Nov 3 2007
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | More Search Options