  • The Free Market Isn't "Dead"

    Over and over I keep reading about how the free market has died...how our current crisis is the result of free market forces. Of course, nothing could be further from the truth. The crisis that we are experiencing is one of interventionism . It always strikes me as comical when I read that our financial markets have been operating on a basis of 'raw
    Posted to Love of Liberty (Weblog) by ChrisR on Tue, Oct 7 2008
  • A Call for Lower Taxes & Higher Taxes

    Larry Kudlow put together some debate tips for John McCain. After reading the recommendations, I noticed a significant contradiction. Mr. Kudlow states : "...McCain needs to stress that tax hikes of any kind would be a total disaster during this economic emergency, and that letting folks keep more of what they earn is a recovery prescription. He
    Posted to Love of Liberty (Weblog) by ChrisR on Tue, Oct 7 2008
  • Peter Schiff on the bailout

    I remember reading one of Gary North 's older articles where he was discussing shortages. Mr. North wrote that whenever you hear of a shortage, the first question that should come to mind is: "At what price?" Well, Peter Schiff uses the same line of thinking when discussing the $700 billion bailout...with the shortage in this case being
    Posted to Love of Liberty (Weblog) by ChrisR on Mon, Oct 6 2008
  • Re: Beware The Chartist

    Burt Blumert wrote an interesting article on LRC about chartists (or market-technicians). While I certainly understand Mr. Blumert's sentiment, I don't entirely agree with him. I think a major error that many chartists make is that they think they "know" what will happen next. When someone says they "know" Google shares will
    Posted to Love of Liberty (Weblog) by ChrisR on Sat, Oct 4 2008
  • Those Small Government Republicans

    Arianna Huffington writes : Ronald Reagan, in his first inaugural address, famously declared that "government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." Twenty-seven years later, in the midst of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, and seven-plus years into the reign of Bush and Cheney, Reagan's anti
    Posted to Love of Liberty (Weblog) by ChrisR on Mon, Sep 29 2008
  • Ron Paul - Beyond The Election

    In 1962, Mises wrote in the preface of The Free and Prosperous Commonwealth : “...I did not indulge in the vain hope that my account would prevent the impending catastrophe to which the policies adopted by the European nations were manifestly leading. All I wanted to achieve was to offer to the small minority of thoughtful people an opportunity
    Posted to Love of Liberty (Weblog) by ChrisR on Sun, Sep 28 2008
  • Debate Reactions

    I did not watch the first "debate" last night. But, I have read a bunch of reactions from both the left and right. 100% of them thought that 'their guy' won the debate. I didn't see one defector from either side. This brought up a few thoughts: First, people see what they want to see. They have their beliefs and the "debate"
    Posted to Love of Liberty (Weblog) by ChrisR on Sat, Sep 27 2008
  • Short Sellers & Liquidity

    Short sellers cover their positions by *buying*. Let's say that a stock falls in price. Those who shorted at higher prices provide buying pressure (i.e., liquidity) for those who are looking to sell right now. By removing short sellers from the picture, you are removing buying pressure when stocks fall once again. In fact, I believe this creates
    Posted to Love of Liberty (Weblog) by ChrisR on Mon, Sep 22 2008
  • Thoughts on the upcoming Ron Paul Announcement

    The latest press release shows that: Dr. Paul will announce his intentions for the fall presidential election and will be accompanied by several special guests. This could mean anything. However, it doesn't sound like an endorsement, since the title of the press release calls this a "major" announcement. I'm hoping Dr. Paul will run
    Posted to Love of Liberty (Weblog) by ChrisR on Mon, Sep 8 2008
  • Can a soundbite really capture market action?

    Each day, the financial news channels tell us why the markets were up, or why they were down. But do they really know why ? Can it be summed up so nicely in a simple soundbite? Let's think about it for a second: Every day there are millions of different people making decisions based on their own value scales. Some are thinking about the next decade
    Posted to Love of Liberty (Weblog) by ChrisR on Wed, Sep 3 2008
Page 1 of 6 (59 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options