  • Dr. Paul mentions Mises in BusinessWeek Interview

    Maria Bartiromo interviewed Ron Paul in BusinessWeek. I think it was a great interview...really got to the heart of what Dr. Paul stands for: I especially liked this question and answer: Maria: Who are your economic advisers? Ron Paul: I don't have any. I read Austrian economics, which I've been doing for 30 years. So my advisers have been
    Posted to Love of Liberty (Weblog) by ChrisR on Tue, Dec 4 2007
  • Google & The Ron Paul Revolution

    It recently dawned on me how important Google has been to the Ron Paul Revolution : There is the notorious " Google Ron Paul ." YouTube has been invaluable! Google hosted Ron Paul at the their Headquarters. Here is the great video . Vijay Boyapati, a Google Engineer (who also appears in the above video) quit his job at Google to form the Operation
    Posted to Love of Liberty (Weblog) by ChrisR on Mon, Dec 3 2007
  • Operation Hope

    Austrian economists are usually the only ones who advocate against government intervention once a bubble has burst. Jim Sinclair of jsmineset.com wrote a short post on the proposed intervention called "Operation Hope." He correctly points out that: Project Hope will not, cannot and should not try to cure a problem that simply must work its
    Posted to Love of Liberty (Weblog) by ChrisR on Mon, Dec 3 2007
  • Internet ads to surpass Radio ads in 2008

    From AP : ZenithOptimedia, a major advertising company based in England, said that the Internet's share of advertising would rise to 9.4 percent in 2008 from 8.1 percent this year, while radio's share of the ad market would slip to 7.9 percent from 8.2 percent. I'm very happy to see the unregulated Internet surpass old media. I recall the
    Posted to Love of Liberty (Weblog) by ChrisR on Mon, Dec 3 2007
  • Central Planning Fuel-Efficiency

    From AP : Congressional Democrats reached a compromise late Friday to boost automobile fuel economy by 40 percent, clearing the way for a House vote probably next week...Automakers would be required to meet an industrywide average of 35 miles per gallon for cars and light trucks, including SUVs, by 2020... My question is, how do they know 35mpg is the
    Posted to Love of Liberty (Weblog) by ChrisR on Sat, Dec 1 2007
  • Ron Paul & The Mainstream Media

    It's blatantly obvious that Ron Paul has had an uphill climb with the mainstream media (MSM). They've ignored him, called him names, and marginalized him in every way that they could. Yet, the Ron Paul Revolution keeps picking up steam. I've thought from the beginning that the MSM would only be harming themselves by doing this. I actually
    Posted to Love of Liberty (Weblog) by ChrisR on Fri, Nov 30 2007
  • Letting the Recession Happen

    While Wall Street celebrates the possibility that the Fed may lower interest rates further, and inflate the money supply, Lew Rockwell points out the path that should be taken instead: "...shouldn't we do something to address the credit crunch? Yes, and that is the following: let it happen." Just let it happen . This advice is hardly ever
    Posted to Love of Liberty (Weblog) by ChrisR on Fri, Nov 30 2007
  • Re: Is a crack-up boom possible in the United States?

    Gold and silver have been used as money for thousands of years. Paper money has come and gone, over and over, with a 0% success rate. (Those aren't good odds if you're a betting man). Hyperinflation always occurs, which is followed (eventually) by a return to hard money. This is why you want to hold gold and silver, so you can own some real
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ChrisR on Wed, Sep 26 2007
  • Re: Is a crack-up boom possible in the United States?

    Since all humans (no matter which country they live in) have to obey economic laws, I think it's certainly possible. We shouldn't forget that the U.S. has already experienced worthless currencies (Continentals and Greenbacks). So historically, Americans are not immune to economic law. Will it happen again? I hope not...no one can know the answer
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ChrisR on Tue, Sep 25 2007
Page 6 of 6 (59 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | More Search Options