  • Re: For Europe’s Middle-Class, Stagnant Wages Stunt Lifestyle

    True. I'm just frustrated by individuals buying into these lies repeatedly and unquestioningly - invariably blaming the wrong institutions. But you're right, the blame is not (solely) theirs.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Inquisitor on Fri, May 2 2008
  • For Europe’s Middle-Class, Stagnant Wages Stunt Lifestyle

    [quote]LES ULIS, France — When their local bakery in this town south of Paris raised the price of a baguette for the third time in six months, Anne-Laure Renard and Guy Talpot bought a bread maker. When gasoline became their biggest single expense, they sold one of their two cars. Their combined annual income of 40,000 euros, about $62,500, lands
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Inquisitor on Fri, May 2 2008
  • Re: "Please Stop Calling It A Recession"

    I can, but the one Jon posted deals sufficiently with GDP as a measure of growth IMO. Reisman's measure of production is a superior one to the GDP. In general, it's best not to trust measures like the CPI, GDP &c. because they're constructed to omit significant data, and tend to have bad economics behind them. Reisman's GNR is one
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Inquisitor on Fri, May 2 2008
  • Re: My View of Contemporary Politics

    Ego, why are you so attached to the left-right division, and those who call themselves rightists? I think BP's point is that one is a libertarian unqualifiedly, with the remnant being cultural choice. I see no reason to identify with the right over the left anymore, as both have no desire to avail themselves of non-statist means to achieve their
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Inquisitor on Tue, Apr 29 2008
  • Re: Praxeology and Free Will

    Richard, thanks, that makes it immensely more clear. Regarding the free will view, do you mean that this it is an epistemological absurdity to speak of an objective reality we are fully cognizant of whilst assuming free will? I trust this will not shake the ontological foundations of the notion of an objective reality, independent of our consciousness
    Posted to General (Forum) by Inquisitor on Fri, Apr 25 2008
  • Re: Income disparities

    That'd depend on what one means by an unhampered market. If it means the absence of IP law, monopoly (both state and state-aided), inflationary banking practices, subsidies, various government restrictions (e.g. tariffs), the minimum wage, the internalization of all costs of doing business &c. I see no reason why it should lead to extreme wealth
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Inquisitor on Thu, Apr 24 2008
  • Re: Taking some time off

    Hehe I had to google that. No, no idea who he is even. The picture is from FF XIII.
    Posted to Announcements (Forum) by Inquisitor on Fri, Apr 18 2008
  • Taking some time off

    I just wanted to let people know I am taking some time off the forums to concentrate on studying and exams. I'll also probably be absent during the Summer time if I go abroad. I'll still read the forums from time to time and post on the Mises blog (as well as update the reading lists when necessary.) If anyone wants to contact me, do so by PM
    Posted to Announcements (Forum) by Inquisitor on Fri, Apr 18 2008
  • Re: The purpose of government

    Yes, I think reading The Myth of National Defence will bring you around. ;)
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Inquisitor on Fri, Apr 18 2008
  • Re: On the roots of Anti-Semitism

    I'm not one of the one world, one race PC types, so I'm not going to deliberately misinterpret your arguments. Anyway, your point is well taken.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Inquisitor on Fri, Apr 18 2008
Page 2 of 116 (1155 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options