  • Re: Refuting the "Just leave" argument

    To the OP: I would not beat myself up too much over your potential freezing upon hearing the "just leave" comment that would have likely been stated had you pursued the argument. Often times these mindless one liner arguments (if you want to call them that) are difficult to argue against since they are coming from a position of ignorance.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Jonathan Patterson on Sat, Nov 10 2012
  • Re: Ron Paul has Second-Rate Values

    Before I ventured down the path of libertarianism I used to be one of these who put Ronald Reagan at the right hand of God. In fact even after coming full swing to libertarianism (about 3 years ago) for a while I used to give conservatives the benefit of the doubt. Even though I knew they were wrong I found myself only mildly frustrated at their unwillingness
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Jonathan Patterson on Wed, May 11 2011
  • Re: I just got a dose of inflation today

    It was meant to be somewhat comical. However I am willing to bet that the commodities index surge since August when Ben mentioned QE2 has had its effect on the production of tires. Also, wasn't there talk of putting tariffs on imported tires about a year ago?
    Posted to General (Forum) by Jonathan Patterson on Mon, Jan 10 2011
  • Re: I just got a dose of inflation today

    Thanks guys I feel so much better now. I think I need to haze myself for questioning the wizards of money
    Posted to General (Forum) by Jonathan Patterson on Mon, Jan 10 2011
  • I just got a dose of inflation today

    Three years ago I bought four Michelin tires for my truck and paid $600 and change after taxes and a minor installation fee. Today, the same tires from the same dealer were $892 including taxes and installation fee. I went with a cheaper Cooper tire and still ended up paying $690
    Posted to General (Forum) by Jonathan Patterson on Mon, Jan 10 2011
  • Re: Barriers to market entry

    Like how here in Texas there has been some lobbying by some interior decorators (not sure what's come of it) to require interior decorators to get an interior decorating license! There was actually a protest in Austin by these people pushing for this.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jonathan Patterson on Thu, Jan 6 2011
  • Re: Barriers to market entry

    Excellent. Thank you. This goes right along with some other reading I have been doing on anti-trust
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jonathan Patterson on Thu, Jan 6 2011
  • Barriers to market entry

    Can anyone point me to any material concerning business in the US (or elsewhere) lobbying for increased environemental, labor, or other regulation? Most assume that business lobbys to prevent these regulations from being passed, but I tend to think that many businesses with political connections want to use these things to set up barriers to competitive
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jonathan Patterson on Wed, Jan 5 2011
  • Peter Schiff on Chinese Inflation

    In Peter Schiffs latest youtube video he makes the case that China raising interest rates will only make inflation worse in China until it allows its currency to appreciate against the dollar. His logic is essentially this: China raises rates which makes Chinese deposits more attractive. This leads the Chinese to increase the money supply even faster
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jonathan Patterson on Tue, Dec 28 2010
  • Re: Advice for improving my pathetic reading speed?

    I have not read everyone's responses here so I hope I am not repeating something already said. But as a current college student I find my reading speed to be extraordinarily slow when reading my textbooks. But I also look at my time spent in the textbook as a study time instead of reading time for the sake of reading. What I find is that when it
    Posted to General (Forum) by Jonathan Patterson on Mon, Dec 27 2010
Page 1 of 10 (95 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options