  • Re: If Vaccines Didn't Eradicate Smallpox or Polio, What Did?

    It was vaccines, [GRATUITOUS BARB DELETED]
    Posted to History (Forum) by laminustacitus on Fri, May 28 2010
  • Re: Epicureanism

    To start off with, Epicureanism can be summed up by the tetrapharmakos: [quote user=""]God presents no fears, death no worries. And while good is readily attainable, evil is readily endurable.[/quote] This is beyond naive and Epicureanism cannot solve the problems of the human predicament as post-Classical philosophers have noted. For one
    Posted to General (Forum) by laminustacitus on Fri, May 28 2010
  • Re: Anarcho-Capitalism Books

    [quote user=""] [quote user="hayekianxyz"]You guys are all relying on the same strawmen, nobody has argued that because something is tradition it is "right". Lam is arguing that traditions generally do a very good job of passing information from one generation to another and adapt through trial and error. This isn't
    Posted to General (Forum) by laminustacitus on Thu, May 27 2010
  • Re: Anarcho-Capitalism Books

    [quote user=""] [quote user="Lam"]If you destroy tradition, you destroy society.[/quote] [quote user="Filc"]Wow, just wow. What a remarkable quote. I mean holy cow, I am really dumbfounded, stupefied even![/quote] [quote user="Lam"]I dare you to disprove it.[/quote] lol lolol rofflecopter![/quote] And how is this
    Posted to General (Forum) by laminustacitus on Thu, May 27 2010
  • Re: Anarcho-Capitalism Books

    [quote user=""] [quote user="Lam"] If you destroy tradition, you destroy society. [/quote] Wow, just wow. What a remarkable quote. I mean holy cow, I am really dumbfounded, stupefied even![/quote] I dare you to disprove it.
    Posted to General (Forum) by laminustacitus on Thu, May 27 2010
  • Re: Why I abandoned 'anarchism' and you should too

    [quote user=""] Lam: "And yet you have given no collaborating evidence with respect to Oakland's ghettos. If you are right that Oakland's ghettos have PDAs, then why can't you point me to a single piece of evidence? Is it really that hard." I don't know of any examples that are on the Internet to give you. Lam: "You
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by laminustacitus on Thu, May 27 2010
  • Re: Anarcho-Capitalism Books

    [quote user=""]It isn't my fault that your whole argument is based on the logical fallacy of an appeal to tradition.[/quote] If you destroy tradition, you destroy society.

    [quote user=""] @Lam Moi: "What I've seen happen, is that in ghettos, such as areas in Oakland, California" Since not all ghettos are the same, anything I said after ^^^^^ refers to Oakland's ghettos.[/quote] And yet you have given no collaborating evidence with respect to Oakland's ghettos. If you are right that Oakland's
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by laminustacitus on Thu, May 27 2010
  • Re: Anarcho-Capitalism Books

    [quote user=""] Anarchy = lack of rulers Anarchy != lack of the rule of law GGUL[/quote] So good hayekianxyz was using the proper use of the word "anarchy". Alas, you disagreed with his conclusions so instead of attacking his premises (can't let a traditional modus operandi by changed), you decided to make it a semantics debate
    Posted to General (Forum) by laminustacitus on Thu, May 27 2010
  • Re: Anarcho-Capitalism Books

    [quote user=""] Abolishing the state (once again, whatever that actually means) isn't an option, and doing so would lead to chaos. Nice outdated conception of anarchy. Thanks so much for your opinion.[/quote] Like it or not, you can't just redefine common words in the english language in order to suit your own judgments of value.
    Posted to General (Forum) by laminustacitus on Thu, May 27 2010
Page 5 of 146 (1456 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options