  • Re: Ignorant austrians

    Optimum is not a buzzword, but a clearly defined concept meaning "best possible". The opposite is pessimum, worse possible. Hence optimism and pessimism : this world is the best, or worse possible... This one just shows your ignorance. All the rest shows your ignorance of austrianism , and i have no time, nor will, to teach you. Just read
    Posted to General (Forum) by Jeremie Rostan on Sat, Feb 9 2008
  • Re: A good introduction to philosophy...

    [quote user="JAlanKatz"][quote user="Jeremie Rostan"] [quote user="Fred Furash"] "The History of Western philosophy" by Bertrand Russel. [/quote] Avoid this one. If I were you, I would start reading philosophers. Some are not that difficult, even for a beginner. You can start with Locke, for instance; even with
    Posted to General (Forum) by Jeremie Rostan on Mon, Jan 21 2008
  • Re: Announcement: (re)discovering Carl Menger

    I'm writing it in english, of course (chap IV, so far).
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jeremie Rostan on Mon, Jan 21 2008
  • Re: First of all, Condillac

    Anyone knows how i can manage to add a picture of condillac to my post ?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jeremie Rostan on Sun, Jan 20 2008
  • Re: A good introduction to philosophy...

    [quote user="Fred Furash"] "The History of Western philosophy" by Bertrand Russel. [/quote] Avoid this one. If I were you, I would start reading philosophers. Some are not that difficult, even for a beginner. You can start with Locke, for instance; even with the political one . You will lose time reading introductions, history-of
    Posted to General (Forum) by Jeremie Rostan on Sun, Jan 20 2008
  • First of all, Condillac

    A close scrutiny of Carl Menger's Principles (cf. (re)discovering Carl Menger) makes it appear more and more obvious that the original spring of austrian economics is to be found, not only in the french "vieille école libérale", but more precisely int the writings of Etienne de Condillac. More precisely, in his only economical work: Commerce
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jeremie Rostan on Sun, Jan 20 2008
  • Re: Announcement: (re)discovering Carl Menger

    [quote user="Jeremie Rostan"] I am working on a study guide to C. Menger's Principles and Investigations . It is intended both to those who only have a slight (or no) idea of those two grandiose books' contents, because they did not read them already, and to those who only have a general idea left, because they read them too long ago
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jeremie Rostan on Sat, Jan 19 2008
  • Re: Minarchist? Anarchist? Other? Come identify yourself here

    Economist... (economism = what Jay Nock decried as the idea according to which the whole of life consists in the individual production (including exchange) and consumption of goods). As for minarchism vs anarchism, i consider it a false question. Both interpret every new step from the actual world toward the less possible governmental interventionism
    Posted to General (Forum) by Jeremie Rostan on Sat, Jan 19 2008
  • Announcement: (re)discovering Carl Menger

    I am working on a study guide to C. Menger's Principles and Investigations . It is intended both to those who only have a slight (or no) idea of those two grandiose books' contents, because they did not read them already, and to those who only have a general idea left, because they read them too long ago. Indeed, there is so much more to (re
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jeremie Rostan on Sat, Jan 19 2008
  • Amazon.fr's free delivery service endangered

    Do you know the last french joke ? We have a sort of minimum-price law for books, here (Loi Lang), and some small-size urban bookshops are using it in order to have the courts forbid amazon.fr to offer free delivery, saying that this is equal to lowering selling prices under the minimum. Well, the "best" part is that they claim they are fighting
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jeremie Rostan on Sat, Jan 12 2008
Page 1 of 3 (26 items) 1 2 3 Next > | More Search Options