  • Re: Questions regarding the Non Aggression Axiom, Consequentialism & Natural Law with regards to Anarchy

    A quick warning to everyone about Mr Francois Tremblay. He is a former objectivist and retains that incredibly dogmatic disposition. Never, ever attempt to engage him in argument since you will waste your time. Any one who has argued with him on Strike the Root and Facebook will know this.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Physiocrat on Wed, Dec 12 2007
  • Re: High School Academics versus My Real Studies

    I would expect he would be a quasi libertarian such as Minford and Milton Friedman. I expect he would advocate state control of the money supply, the provision of public goods and a minimum welfare state; I'm not sure about this although it is unlikely to come through massively except in relation inflation and unemployment: the to monoliths of macro
    Posted to General (Forum) by Physiocrat on Thu, Oct 18 2007
  • Re: High School Academics versus My Real Studies

    Inquisitor, I know David Peel does this years macro and I believe he will do some of next years in which you will do something similar to what I described. I have a friend in the third year doing Economics at Lancaster so I have a pretty decent idea of what is going on.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Physiocrat on Wed, Oct 17 2007
  • Re: Why would a country want to get away from a fiat currency?

    [quote user="Brett_McS"] Some references if you are interested: Friedrich Hayek: The Denationalization of Money Lawrence White: Competition and Currency Kevin Dowd: Free Banking [/quote] Out of interest do you support fractional reserve banking?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Physiocrat on Tue, Oct 16 2007
  • Re: High School Academics versus My Real Studies

    To be fair he, Patrick Minford, one of the leading exponents of rational expectations in the UK and advisor to Margaret Thatcher in the 80s, did make an attempt to defend adaptive expectations: he said that we just assume that inflation always existed and work from there and that their could be a previous time where it did not conform to this model
    Posted to General (Forum) by Physiocrat on Tue, Oct 16 2007
  • Re: High School Academics versus My Real Studies

    Ian, Firstly I would recommend you not to do an economics undergraduate degree since firstly they're complete tosh and mindnumbingly boring. Here's an example when in a "macro" class yesterday I pointed out to the lecturer, who happens to be the Professor of economics, that the adaptive expectations exhibit the regression ad infinitum
    Posted to General (Forum) by Physiocrat on Tue, Oct 16 2007
  • Re: Introductions

    Hi everyone, I'm an evangelical christian and free market anarchist (though I favour the term agorarchy which literally translates as market rule). I am heading into my final year of "economics" at Cardiff University, Wales. My main interests are philosophy mainly rationalist epistemology and political, theology and economics; I am greatly
    Posted to General (Forum) by Physiocrat on Tue, Oct 2 2007
Page 75 of 75 (747 items) « First ... < Previous 71 72 73 74 75 | More Search Options